Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Who is Cloudia ?

ALOHA  To YOU
 Guest, Visitor, Reader,
FRIEND

We know who YOU are. 


But who am I?
A Google Image Search
yielded this CLOUDIA . 
Clearly a sister!



Havana Moon by Chuck Berry on Grooveshark



 And this uncanny twin too:
 
There ARE yet other 
Cloudias!




Like this version:
" Cloudia_or Female Cloud_by_Crazy_Cow_Productions "

Don't mess with Cloudia!








 Cloudia
by  'ttearz "

Nice bracelet !






' Cloudia 34 '












A  GLAMOROUS  Band !










...An Anime Icon,
PERFECT for . . . . ME

dig that tail !






This Cloudia 
is darling of the
London Art scene!





 
Here she is
in all her glory!














I always wanted 
my own Soul Food / Furniture
Business !









I have a great logo!








Or Two- 

(I see someone has thoughtfully TradeMarked 
MY legal name!)










Or THR33!












Meet Cloudia Swan - Film Star












Cloudia Computing!







 Yes, there are a surprising number
of Cloudias
in the world today.





Strangely, 
many of them did seem to speak
directly to me:






Ah! what fun to be a simple
Cloudia. . .






Only fair, I suppose, 
to close with a picture of myself
creating 
Comfort Spiral
JUST for YOU-










No wait;
Here I am -








Thank YOU 
for making all of this nonsense
worthwhile!

Funny Comment?  PLEASE !
Fondly, 'me'































Catullus lived from around 84 to 54 AD.

He wrote a number of love poems to Clodia, giving her the pseudonym, Lesbia. Below is my paraphrase of a very famous one, (a very loose translation, mostly because the original doesn't mention water).
V - Vivamus, mea Lesbia


 Come let us live and let us love                                               
Beside the ev'ning shore.
And all the grumblings of old sots
We'll patiently ignore.
 The sun has set, and soon returns
- Our lives should be so long.


 Vivamus, mea Lesbia, atque amemus,
rumoresque senum severiorum
omnes unius aestimemus assis!
soles occidere et redire possunt:
nobis cum semel occidit brevis lux,
nox est perpetua una dormienda.

Lively translation Courtesy of
 "Ted" of Ted's Museum





45 comments:

Leovi said...

Pretty compilation Claudia, nice photos.
I hope you had a nice and happy Christmas, I think 2012 will be a very good year. Thank you very much for sharing the beauty of your photos.

Lynn said...

I'm glad we have the REAL Cloudia! A quick Google search for my name yielded a bunch of head shots of mostly blonde women with Jamie Lynn Spears being the predominant shot. :)

the walking man said...

Damn I Google me and all I get is me(BORING). I think that while someone has trademarked your name I would apply for the .xxx domain just in case.

Akelamalu said...

Well I know who you are! You're my special blog friend Cloudia. x

Jeannie said...

Fun!

Lisa said...

Wow so many Cloudias. Love Cloudia Swan. Now I am going to google my image to see who I am :)

LifeRamblings said...

Cloudia is such a beautiful name and i'm glad to have you as my blogger friend. Best wishes for 2012.

Friko said...

Hi Cloudia, the real one: thanks for being a fun blogging mate; I am looking forward to a happy continuation during 2012.

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Reminds me of a very embarrassed moment when Bananaz was a little kid who said this "Who IS you?" hahaha.

Nice knowing lots of Cloudia lolz. You are what you think. Aloha.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

So many Cloudia's some scary like 'Female Cloud', that's a big knife she's weilding, and Cloudia Swan who is gorgeous, but I'm sure it's unanimous, there's only ONE Cloudia as far as we're concerned!!

Fernando Santos (Chana) said...

Olá, gostei da compilação...Espectacular....
Votos de continuação de Boas Festas....
Cumprimentos

Couture Carrie said...

So fun, darling!
Love all these Cloudias, especially you!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

haha cute! but why not close with a pic of the real you? you sre cute, too!

21 Wits said...

Oh this was great fun getting to know so many could be sides of you, Cloudia! The poem written for Clodia so many moons ago, is inspiring right now! I like the elephant Cloudia too, and there were a few other cool ones (I really enjoy YouTube!) Thanks again, for just a bright and happy tour through the land of Cloudia!

Birdman said...

Hilarious! I got some chuckles here.

Commander Zaius said...

Greetings from Orlando!

Anonymous said...

This was scary...too many folks impersonating with altered versions. I like the real Cloudia, too. DrumMajor

Lori Skoog said...

Only you would think of doing this! Fun!

Charles Gramlich said...

Who knew there were so many! Or maybe just one?

DeniseinVA said...

Ah yes, lots and lots of Cloudia's but I often visit the best Cloudia in the whole wide world,YOU!!! Very cute post! Happy New Year My Friend :)

Eddie said...

I've never seen so many Cloudias LOL . . . . but none of them are as nice as you ~ Eddie x

Eddie Bluelights said...

Ooops wrong email address - now you recognise me LOL

TALON said...

I like Comfort Spiral's Cloudia best, though the cloud-covered elephant is pretty darn cute! :)

Full-On-Forward said...

AWESOME SIS!!! I was Googling myself but my wife walked in so I didn't get to finish! I love the Downward facing Dog- Cloudia myself.

YOU are the original....all others--mere knockoffs!!!!

HFTEC,

J

The Weaver of Grass said...

Well, well - and I had never heard the name until I landed on your blog Cloudia - now I find that there are lots of you.

Elephant's Child said...

I am sure that none of the other Cloudias are a patch on you. I always smile here - and smiles are to be cherished.

Windsmoke. said...

You're the original Cloudia and the others are just pretenders :-).

Have Myelin? said...

This was lots of fun, thanks! Have a Happy 2012.

Filip Demuinck said...

I would like to see the real you. Can you publish your own picture tomorrow.

Greetings,
Filip

Joop Zand said...

But who is the real CLOUDIA ?
lovely compilation.

Wish you Cloudia, and all your followers the best for 2012.

Greetings from Holland, Joop

Erika said...

Very amusing post, Cloudia!
You are the best Cloudia.
Emjoy your time.

wheatgerm said...

There are many Cloudias thats crazy

Dianne said...

there are a whole lot of Cloudias!!
love the elephant

Cloudia said...

Gosh your comments REALLY made this a LOT of fun!!

What the #@+&^^*$% will I do tomorrow?!



Thanks so very much - I really appreciate you folks ! EACH of you.

Hattie said...

I love your imagination. You are up in the clouds these days in your new home, aren't you!

Kay said...

And here I thought your name was very rare, different and original, but always beautiful. Now I find it's all those but not so rare. You really found some fun Cloudias.

I'm afraid I won't bother looking for my name because it's too common. When I was growing up, I thought it was rare. I soon found out I had a lot of friends named Kay.

bichonpawz said...

This is AWESOME Cloudia! Who knew...there was so MANY Cloudia's!! Perhaps I should google my name????? You are a riot!!! Hope you had a great holiday!
xox
Jeanne

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee...
«Louis la Vache» approves of the "Crazy Cow" (Vache Folle) Productions!

SandyCarlson said...

Your avatars are a lot of fun.

I didn't know that about the Obamas and the turtles. Thanks for the scoop!

Sandy said...

This makes me want to google my name! hee hee

Betty Manousos said...

what fun!

love ya!

Cloudia said...

LOL

thanks SO much each of YOU
for making this party!

Jenn Jilks said...

You are so funny! What a fun thing to do.

Josh Catchur said...

I know what you can do tomorrow! Pick YOUR favorite of the alternate yous and explain how they have influenced you, or society. *UGH* That sounds like such a college assignment. :(
Wonderful post!

Cloudia said...

LOL



Thank you!