Monday, January 9, 2012

Lens of Love

A  L  O  H  A !

 
" In all things of nature 
there is something of the marvelous. "

Aristotle









I knew, of course,
that trees and plants had roots,
stems, bark, branches and foliage
that reached up toward the light. 
But I was coming to realize 
that the real magician 
was light itself.  "

Edward Steichen









 " If your actions inspire others
to dream more,
learn more, 
do more 
and become more, 
you are a leader. "

John Quincy Adams








   > < } } ( ° >




Lens of Love
 
No, 
not talking about
Beer Goggles!


What you see,
and who you see,
truly depends
on the lenses
that you are looking 
through.

Charles Dickens wrote of Christmas
that it helps us to regard
"those below us
as fellow passengers
to death."


That has stayed with me in recent weeks
(ignoring 'those below us' as
historic anachronism)



Are others objects
that you must maneuver around,
or are they ultimately 
the purpose of the trip?


Thank YOU
for joining us here
for part of your journey
today.


                                        Warmly, cloudia

26 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a lovely post sweetie. Loved all the quotes and prose framed by the beautiful pictures.

Loads to ponder here girl!

God bless ya and have an awesome week!!! :o)

Freda said...

Thank you for the calm and thoughtful quotes and photos. New Year blessings to you and yours.

PhilipH said...

Good old Charlie Dickens - he sure did know a thing or two about all humans. We certainly are all passengers on the death train. Some in 1st class, others in the corridors - standing room only.

Anonymous said...

Darn! I was hoping those beer goggles would bring happiness, meaning, and fulfillment to my life. Love the Aristotle quote.

Gemel said...

Beautiful ♥

We are all as marvellous as the perfection of nature, it's just many have forgotten :)

Have a wonderful week ♥

Charles Gramlich said...

The objects I maneuver around most often are other folks. The objects I go to see is the rest of the life we share our planet with.

Myrna R. said...

Enjoyed as usual. Hope I see people as companions on my journey. Appreciate your thoughts.

Lynn said...

That Dickens quote has me scratching my head a little.

Sandy said...

I love all these quotes. Always making me think. Have a nice week Cloudia. =)

Anonymous said...

Your last question should be 'learned by heart'.


Please have you all a good Tuesday.



daily athens photo

Cloudia said...

Each of you is my teacher today. . .
through MY eyes.


Thank so much

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» really likes the Steichen quote about light!
;-D

BragonDorn said...

That was just wonderful!

the walking man said...

Other folks encountered along the the journey are not the purpose of the journey but they sure do make it more interesting at times.

wheatgerm said...

lovely post

SandyCarlson said...

You've got me thinking, my friend. Thank you.

Carol said...

Yes, I am guilty of finding people to be objects if not downright obstacles. Shh, don't tell anyone.

Elephant's Child said...

Lovely Cloudia: Thank you.

Anonymous said...

What a great question - definitely worth pondering. We are all on this journey together.

Lovely shots too!

Cloudia said...

thanks for bringing the jolly to this party!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

J'adore that second image Cloudia, it's like a piece of art with it's shadows and light. Yes, Australians are very well known also in the world for their skills in the water! I think all people who risk their lives to save others are angels.

Reader Wil said...

Thanks for the reflections you shared with all of us. Passengers on the journey to Death! I have felt that for some years now. Next year I will be eighty.

Commander Zaius said...

Lens of Love?

No,
not talking about
Beer Goggles!


LOL!!!!!!
Being, as usual, totally of in my own little universe I've got to remember the "Lenses of Love" line. In my bad old days beer goggles was something I wore many times on weekends.

Bob Bushell said...

The first one is tremendous, it is enough to drive me CRAZY.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Always learning everyday !

Cloudia said...

Oh gosh! Look around at all these extraordinary people who visit here!