Friday, February 3, 2012

Hawaii Skies Friday

A   L   O   H   A  !
Song of Old Hawai`i (Instrumental) by Hawaii Calls on Grooveshark
Is anybody enjoying the music?

Oh yes, click the photos

“The man who fights too long 

against dragons

becomes a dragon

himself”

 

Friedrich Nietzsche














 “When hope is fleeting,
stop for a moment
 and visualize, in a sky of silver,
 the crescent of a lavender moon.
 
 Imagine it --
delicate, slim, precise,
 like a paper-thin slice
 from a cabochon jewel.

It may not be very useful,
 but it is beautiful.

And sometimes
it is enough.”

 Vera Nazarian, 
The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration








 “And the hooded clouds,
like friars,
Tell their beads
in drops of rain.”

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow













" I honored the fallen enemy
by placing a stone 
on his beautiful grave.  "

Manfred von Richthofen








“The moments of happiness we enjoy

take us by surprise.

It is not that we seize them, 

but that they seize us.”

 

 Ashley Montagu 



  > < } } ( ° >  




Thank YOU
for visiting!
What's good about Today?
Tell us in comments-

                        Warmly, cloudia




29 comments:

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

No wonder i am a dragon !!!!

Joop Zand said...

Lovely skies and a beautiful orange flower.

Greetings from Holland, Joop

Bitch said...

Manfred von Richthofen --- what a man and what a life!!
Warm greetings!!!!!

Betty Manousos said...

your posts are always inspiring!

Daryl said...

its FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

That incredible flower was better than a cup of coffee. Miss stopping by your blog. Come by and say hi... Hugs, Sue

Charles Gramlich said...

Richthofen had the quote Eh? A warrior there for sure.

Linnea said...

You definitely have the prettiest skies of all!

21 Wits said...

What's good about? That I have it to spend any which way I want!!!! I plan to seize the day... ;)

Akelamalu said...

What's good about today? The sun is shining and I'm with the one I love. :)

nanny said...

I am such a sap....the music reduces me to mush!!!

I am living my entire life longing to live in Hawaii and I keep asking myself WHY don't you do something about it?

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Well the dragon cloud was super, the orange hibiscus spectacular colour and the best thing here in Perth is that it has been RAINING, my hallelujah yesterday worked!! Catch you soon Cloudia, enjoy your weekend.

Isherwood Wildwalker said...

And dragons are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

wanderoke.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

aww very nice... always positive vibes when coming here. Have great weekend Cloudia! =)

Teresa said...

Thanks for this Hawaiian Sky "fix"!! Loved the picture of the "fallen enemy"!!

Myrna R. said...

Well, one good thing is reading all these lovely quotes and viewing these beautiful pictures. I'm always so impressed with the quality and volume that you produce. And I'm grateful for it.

T. Becque said...

Ahhh Hawaii...I believe we will be going to Kauai in May - can't wait. I love the light over there.

Elephant's Child said...

Love it. Thank you. Lots.

Anonymous said...

Your skies lift.
... and sometimes that is enough.

Please have you all a good weekend.


daily athens photo

DeniseinVA said...

What's good for me today? Getting together with friends. We saw the George Clooney movie Descendants. As sad as the movie was I enjoyed all the beautiful scenery around Hawaii, and got a kick out of seeing places I have been to.

Rosaria Williams said...

Thanks for the breath of fresh air.

wenn said...

look at those skies and u could see what u wanna see..

Fireblossom said...

You know I always love the music.

Rick said...

Thank you for your inspirational quotes, and lovely skies - by day and by night !

Aloha, Cloudia.

Cloudia said...

Hooray! You ROCK! Thanks so much

Kay said...

I made a smoothie and shared it with my neighbor who was recently widowed. Her smile made our day.

claude said...

That is the first I see a dragon in the sky.
Pretty hibicus flower
And very nice quotes.
Aloha, Cloudia and have a divine week-end.

Anonymous said...

Definitely, they seize us, but we have to be open to the seizing.
~Mary

Cloudia said...

You each add irreplaceable beauty to my life - for which I am grateful!