Friday, April 6, 2012

Body Follows Mind & Heart

A   L   O   H   A  !

Stars In The Sky by Channels on Grooveshark

See the round turret?
(It's behind the tree)
That was my apartment,
up there at the top,
on this leafy street
in West Philadelphia.












This was my view
from that turret of windows.
The city of my birth,
of my parents` also.












Waikiki Skies Portraying my Imagination

Every afternoon,
after I cleaned all the jobs,
and took all the classes,
I used to sit in that circular space
taking in the cloud
panorama.


Closing my eyes one day
I thought:
'The sun on my eyelids
n o w
is the same sun
warming up eyelids
in Waikiki.

Soon,
I believed
that I WAS
in Waikiki.

In fact I enjoyed my
daily Hawaii vacation
and soon looked forward
to it all day.

They say that
VISUALIZATION
is a magical thing.
If you can SEE,
TASTE, SMELL,
BELIEVE:
Then it is
TRUE.
Athletes do it
and win.

I used visualization
and ended up
with THIS view:

Looks more like Hawaii,
 than Haverford Avenue to me!

But sometimes I close my eyes
and imagine myself walking
in Wild West Philly,
before it was
gentrified.

Downtown,
the institutions of 
culture prestige & power
were far away
-over the 
Schuylkill River-
How could I
get over?

In my imagination,
the Philadelphia Museum of Art
still shimmers afar,
beyond the rail yards,
rose-gold,
like Athens on her Hill.


 

See the classical palace of culture?
Philadelphia Museum of Art
beyond the arch bridge.






It's really the little things,
little moments,
that stick
to our souls:

How wonderful
that YOU
& I
are sharing THIS
moment!

Thank YOU


' Take away Peace - Leave a Comment '

                   Warmly, cloudia



22 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

wow! extremely beautiful views!!

a warm alohaaaa!!!

Elephant's Child said...

As always your beautiful images and words ease my soul. Thank you.

Daryl said...

I've got a neat shot of the Museum if you'd like it I'll send it to you!

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee....
«Louis» thought you must be a native Hawaiian!

the walking man said...

Oh those Philadelphia memories. I was stationed down in the ship yards. One of my favorite activities was to get a bit of chemical enhancement going and trip up to the Museum. Do you remember Picasso's sculpture The Bulls Head? Wonderful museum. Lots of steps but worth the effort of the climb eh?

mermaid gallery said...

I always wonder why all Americans don't move to Hawaii! If Canada had a tropical province...I would be there!....sunshine on the leaf tells the story....warmth and sunny days make us all happy.....

Charles Gramlich said...

Wow, that turret looks like a pretty cool place to have lived.

Teresa said...

Is that what they call the power of positive thinking? Wow!! You really did a great job achieving your dreams!

Sara said...

This post made me take a deep breath and sigh. The pictures are stunning. I really liked your story about visualization and how it came true for you.

My boyfriend lived in Hawaii for quite a few years. He as chef in some restaurant -- the name escapes me now. He really loved it in Hawaii.

Have a wonderful sunshiny weekend:~)

nanny said...

You know as much as I dream of Hawaii.....I realize now that someday I WILL LIVE beneath those skies!!!

Thank You Cloudia!

Alan R. Spector said...

Thanks for the posting Cloudia. Guess what? Now that I live in Hawaii, many times I will close my eyes, imagine Philadelphia, and be instantly transported back to my grandmother's house in South Philly! I can see it, see her, see all the details, even hear the sounds if I concentrate hard enough.

Haddock said...

Like how you transported everyone from one place to another.
Yes visualization is very powerful.

Bitch said...

Closing your eyes and your mind can move you in places you where happy!!
I understand that exactly...
♥♥♥♥

Co. said...

Wonderful pictures. I will be there.
Corina from germany

Lori Skoog said...

If you ever go back to visit Philly, I want you to plan on spending a little time at Skoog Farm.

Windsmoke. said...

Bonza photos and trip down memory lane :-).

Full-On-Forward said...

Ahh-- the City of Cream Cheese!

;-)

J

Cloudia said...

WoW! Thanks SO much!

Pietro Brosio said...

Wonderful views!!

RONW said...

they don't build those round turret nowadays. Probably nobody knows how anymore.

SandyCarlson said...

A wonderful post. I like Philly very much. It's an exciting city in the "State of Independence."

Ruby said...

I like both your views and the beautiful quotes!