Monday, April 16, 2012

the Magic of Waikiki

A   L   O   H   A  !

 " There's a feeling deep in my heart
Stabbing at me just like a dart
It's a feeling heavenly

I see mem'ries out of the past
Memories that always will last
Of that place across the sea -









 Waikiki
At night when the shadows are falling
I hear your rolling surf calling
Calling and calling to me



















Waikiki
'Tis for you that my heart is yearning
My thoughts are always returning
Out there to you across the sea















Your tropic nights and your wonderful charms
Are always in my memory
And I recall as I held in my arms
An angel sweet and heavenly

Waikiki
My whole life is empty without you
I miss that magic about you
Magic beside the sea
Magic of Waikiki "
 Lyrics & Music
first recording:
 78 rpm by Andy Cummings, 
Bell Records 1946

Andy Cummings, wrote this song 
while in Lansing, Michigan on tour 
with The Paradise Islands revue.

 ' It was a cold and foggy night
 in November 1938
 and we were walking back to our hotel
 from the theatre.
 I thought of Waikiki 
with its rolling surf, warm sunshine,
 palm trees. . .'

" Just singing this song to myself
brings tears to my eyes. . . "
 cloudia


Enjoy a great version below:


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely tune and wonderful photos; love the old scene when the swamp was still there and no buildings. But gosh, don't cry, you're right there! Say "hi" to the ocean for me. Aloha, DrumMajor

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos . I remember that song years ago ! Wonderful post ! have a good day !

Commander Zaius said...

Awesome! I dig old songs like that, puts me in touch with how things were back before everything went into warp speed.

nanny said...

Oh Cloudia, listening to that sure brings tears to my eyes. so beautiful....

Teresa said...

Love the first picture and the one of the catamaran and the wonderful, wonderful song.

magiceye said...

this is lovely

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Myrna R. said...

It sounds positively wonderful.

Kavita Saharia said...

Gorgeous ! Cloudia you are doing great with your camera ,each click is frame worthy .Aloha :)

Pietro Brosio said...

All so fascinating!

Cloudia said...

Thank you my friends!

Elephant's Child said...

Truly beautiful. Thank you.

s.m. said...

Brilliant post! I like this approach, Thanks for this post!

bichonpawz said...

Magical indeed! Love this Cloudia!

Bob Bushell said...

Great photos Cloudia.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautiful Cloudia, a magical place!

Stefano Davanzo said...

Wonderful shot & video

Ciao
Stefano