Thursday, April 19, 2012

When You Are

A  L  O  H  A !

 Click upon the pictures

When You Are Old
By William Butler Yeats
" When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;








How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;










And bending down beside the glowing bars,
Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled
And paced upon the mountains overhead
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars. "









And so, my Friend
cherish
this irreplaceable
Day.

And thank YOU
SO Much
for spending some of it
here with us.

'Take away Peace - Leave a Comment'


today's post
dedicated
to my blog-invisible
husband.
                             Warmly, cloudia

26 comments:

RONW said...

fantastic photos, Cloudia.

Birdman said...

Kind words... fine photos.

Anonymous said...

One of my favourite poems!

Lovely pictures too.

the walking man said...

Loved the Yeats.

Akelamalu said...

Oh those dogs are just lovely!

Jeannie said...

I'm sure the poetry was lovely but all I could see were the dogs! I love me some dogs.

mermaid gallery said...

Yes, I am cherishing.....

nanny said...

That's my plan Cloudia!!
I hope your day is more than perfect!!

Anonymous said...

Golden sunsets and Golden Retrievers. Takes awhile for them to dry out. Give your Grade A, Golden hubby a hug from us for sharing you with the world. Have a lovely day. Aloha, DrumMajor

Teresa said...

What a wonderful, heartwarming post! Love the way your pictures match the poem.

Myrna R. said...

How nice to dedicate this to your hubby. I love the pictures of the dogs.

Brian Miller said...

lovely...i will cherish it...as i hope your hubby does as well....aloha from VA

foongpc said...

Cute dogs! : )

Friko said...

I love the doggies and the poem; it's a favourite of ours, having reached the second half of our years here on earth.

21 Wits said...

Can't expain in any words, but those faces just bring the giggles out of me...life would be horrible without them. As for love, I shall keep on chasing it until I can't move anymore! Thanks for your sweet words of joy.

FilipBlog said...

Super nice dogs.

Greetings,
Filip

DeniseinVA said...

Oh that was a super post in so many ways. Thank you Cloudia and please say hi to that blog-invisible husband of yours ;)

ayala said...

Love this and so true we need to take in today with gratitude and love in our heart .

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The hula AND a beautiful Hawaiian sky, a really good start to my day, thanks Cloudia.

Cloudia said...

this is love, friends! thank you SO much

Charles Gramlich said...

Such beautiful doggies.

Rick said...

What a great way to end my day, seeing these photos and reading that moving poem. Another wonderful day finds itself nestling into the memory bank.

Aloha, Cloudia !

Cloudia said...

Your visits make me happy. thanks folks

Leovi said...

Yes, these cloudy skies in the first are divine, spectacular colors at all. Greetings.

Elephant's Child said...

Gentle words, beautiful photos. Thank you.

Ruby said...

Beautiful poem Cloudia! Cheers, Ruby