Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Clearer

A  L  O  H  A !

Yellow Bird by The Ventures on Grooveshark


   " You can fly away,
In the sky away
You more lucky
 than me." 

                                    
                                        
 Yellow Bird, 
Jamaican Tradtional






[ I believe this is a

Citril Finch 
also called a 
Corsican Finch
 (Serinus citrinella) ]








" The moment a little boy
 is concerned with which is a jay 
and which is a sparrow, 
he can no longer see the birds
 or hear them sing. "

Eric Berne











" The sparrow that is twittering
 on the edge of my balcony
 is calling up to me this moment
 a world of memories 
that reach over half my lifetime, 
and a world of hope
 that stretches farther
 than any flight 
of sparrows. "

Donald G. Mitchell
















    " Did your lady friend   
leave the nest again?
That is very bad,
   Makes me feel so sad. "
                            




















" Nothing
 can bring you peace 
but yourself. "

Ralph Waldo Emerson

















" Wish that I was a yellow bird,
I fly away with you.
But I am not a yellow bird
So I sit, nothing else to do. "

Jamaican Folk Tune





" But time growing old

teaches all things. "



Aeschylus






@_@






Since Dad passed
a lot about my life
about me
has become
clearer
to me.

The Story of Me
comes into focus
an insight at a
time.

Comedy & tragedy
obstacles surmounted,
years spent
(wasted?)
opportunities unnoticed
(lost!).

But I'm not sad
about all that.

It is
what 
It Is.

And that,
the IS-
not the 
was, or should have been,
or wasn't-

The IS
just is,
and it's alright
with me.

Some war is over.


Most humans
throughout our history
have felt the ancestors
to be important 
in daily life
and destiny.
Care is given
to remember
and honor them.

I feel my Dad
moving Heaven
and Earth
for me.

Thank YOU
for  visiting!


Take away Peace - Leave a Comment

Warmly, cloudia

26 comments:

the walking man said...

I never had a good relationship with my father but I relate to you exactly about knowing him and his history made my life clearer to me.

But I am my mother's yellow bird and because of her and me ol' granny I can still to this day fly.

Daryl said...

losing a parent is never easy ...

R. J. said...

Great pictures of your birds in Hawaii. They aren't around my area in PA. The verses are nice reminders of some good memories for me.

Ash said...

So pretty!

Myrna R. said...

I enjoyed your thoughts. Nice - the memories of your Dad, and the idea that he moves mountains for you. I'm sure he does.

Stay happy!

Marguerite said...

Great pics and tha Emerson quote rings especially true. Have a wonderful day!

Brian Miller said...

i feel dad moving heaven and earth for me...that made me smile...love that berne quote as well...so true...so listen to those bird songs today....smiles...


aloha from va

Hilary said...

That's just lovely.

Charles Gramlich said...

Those top birds are parakeets, it looks like. SO cool to see one in the water.

FilipBlog said...

The birds seem to enjoy the water.

Greetings,
Filip

Rosaria Williams said...

We can never underestimate the power of our parents in molding us, giving us so much.

Erika said...

I like very much the birds of your shots. Wish you a nice life.
Erika
<3

The Weaver of Grass said...

I always take away peace from your blog Cloudia, there is always such food for thought.

Elephant's Child said...

The splendour of your final shot of the sky exemplifies your musings so well. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Miss listening to Jamaican way to talk.

Please have you all a good Wednesday.


daily athens photo

Bob Bushell said...

I love the birds in this, beautiful photos.

Cloudia said...

Thank you for seeing value
in my sub-par pictures
and my blurry
words!


Love you

Adam said...

Lovely pictures

Cloudia said...

you are kind, and appreciated, Adam

RONW said...

super windy tonight along the Ala Wai. Definitely not a night to hang underwear out on the lanai.

bichonpawz said...

It is very difficult to lose a parent. My prayers are with you Cloudia.

magiceye said...

indeed indeed!

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!

Linda said...

A beautiful post...the words, the photos and the music. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Cloudia. Losing a parent is difficult...I lost both my parents within a year of one another. (1983 and 1984) Take care, and thanks so much for sharing.

SandyCarlson said...

I can't even tell you how much comfort and inspiration I derive from your blog. Thank you.

Stefano Davanzo said...

I love, you know, your wild nature!

Ciao
Stefano

Cloudia said...

so great that you came by. thanks friends