Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Don't Fool Yourself

A  L  O  H  A !

This Banana leaf was as tall as a person,
but no person walked by
to show the scale for you-




" There is always something
 to make you wonder
 in the shape of a tree, 
the trembling of a leaf.  "

Albert Schweitzer


 <[]>

Time to stop fooling
myself; 
I always considered myself
an active person.

I USED TO
lift weights,
go to the gym,
run around.

Walking
is my big thing.
But I'm not walking
2 miles a day.

Running across 
a    w i d e 
B O U L E V A R D,
I had to admit,
that my ankles had 
forgotten,
how to run,
so STIFF!
 
And I got winded
way too quickly.

So every morning
on my walk,
I run just a
little bit further
than I did 
the day before.

My ankles
are remembering.

I can jog along for
quite a ways now.

And it makes one
BREATHE DEEP.

[Remember
Deep Breaths?]

So push it!

Don't surrender
to the years! 


                                                        
  

Your kind visit 
adds an irreplaceable element
 to my day:
 YOU!  
                                   Thanks pal

                                     Warmly, cloudia




















24 comments:

Betty Manousos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty Manousos said...

I really like that photo.

you have a way of making my day start great, my friend!

alohaaaaaaaa!!

the walking man said...

That is wonderful that you're remembering...fortunately for me I never forgot what I never do or did)...do an extra hundred yards for me will ya sista'?

health through osmosis is my motto.

rupam sarma said...

Nice Post, Beautiful Photograph.

Daryl said...

I love to walk .. running, not so much

Dianne said...

no retreat, no surrender
my favorite saying and a great Bruce Sprinsteen song :)

mermaid gallery said...

My sciatica is making me stretch and burn....but i still get out there and run....but it hurts.....

Unknown said...

thanks for yr motivating words...

Lori Skoog said...

Little by little....
Me too, but can't do the running part with this knee replacement coming up.
You will have to do it for me.

wenn said...

I would love to go for a jog..

Hattie said...

Good for you!

21 Wits said...

Good morning Cloudia! Excellent food for thought. I try each day to live the life of Cat Woman! Yes you may laugh, but her moves, they do keep a person young and flexible, right! ...off to the bat cave to visit ...Ha, ha!

Linda said...

Great post...lovely photo!

Birdman said...

Some vivid green there.

Windsmoke. said...

I walk 10 kms a day, five days a week, it took a while to get to this stage, so i won't be trying to go any further. Knowing your limitations is good thing :-).

Anonymous said...

Before meeting my future wife, I used to run with stones in my backpack to obtain some muscle - lasted only a few days, yet am married now for about ten years; walking nowadays with a little as possible packages.

Please have a good Thursday.

daily athens photo

Vagabonde said...

I have had two injuries on my knees – and they are painful constantly, so I cannot run. I try to walk though even if it hurts – after a while I don’t feel the pain. As you say we can’t surrender.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Beautiful picture...makes me want to sing Yellow Bird up high in banana tree...

Really it takes so little to set me off! Heeehehehe!

You go girl...I'm thinkin' a marathon's in your future. :o)

God bless ya dear heart and have a fantastic day!!! :o)

SandyCarlson said...

Keep moving, lady! I love your spirit.

Cloudia said...

Love you!

thanks so much - EACH of you

bichonpawz said...

What a beautiful leaf!!! Happy Thursday Cloudia!
xo
Jeanne

Elephant's Child said...

Keeping moving is sometimes hard. Better than the alternative. Says the woman who is currently as supple as a brick. Or two.
Great post, as always.

Bob Bushell said...

I love the banana leaf, it's magnificent.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The expression 'if you don't use it you lose it' is so true Cloudia, glad you're back into the walking/jogging!