Friday, May 11, 2012

Maintain Your Computer

& Your Soul / Alter Ego

A  L  O  H  A !

“  If we maintain 

obsolete values and beliefs,

 a fragmented consciousness 

and self-centered spirit, 

we will continue to hold onto

 outdated goals and behaviors. ”

 

Dalai Lama quotes




" Update
your operating
system." 

Computer Tip
















" Computers 
are like Old Testament gods; 
lots of rules 
and no mercy. "

JOSEPH CAMPBELL

















" Your computer is a backup of your soul, 
a multi-layered, menu-driven 
representation of who you are,
 who you care about, 
and how you sin. "
 
MICHAEL MARSHALL


























" One day 
ladies will take their computers
 for walks in the park 
and tell each other,
 "My little computer 
said such a funny thing 
this morning."

ALAN TURING,
 Time Magazine, Mar. 29, 1999






















" One of the best things
 to come out of 
the home computer revolution 
could be the general
 and widespread understanding 
of how severely limited 
logic 
really is. "
FRANK HERBERT,


















" Computers
 are useless. 
They can only
 give you
 answers. "

PABLO PICASSO
1986














" It is only when they go wrong 
that machines remind you
 how powerful they are. "

CLIVE JAMES




        > < } } (°>


A dear blog friend
has e-mailed me to say
that the new Blogger format
does not allow her
to comment
at this blog
any longer.
  Quel Disaster


I advised her to try installing
and using Google's
CHROME  Web Browser,
or FireFox
which I use daily.




 Google has been offering Chrome
at the Google home/search page,
and I have included a link
to FireFox below.


Some browsers are better
for some things, 
I've noticed.




 PC users,
did you notice some
Window's Downloads
earlier this week?






After they were auto-installed,
I ran Glary Utilities Free
to check for registry errors
and found ELEVEN!
Glary fixed them
with a button-push.






Inevitably, 
registry errors,
file fragments,
cookies,
and other debris 
collect on your hard drive.
and they DO
 slow you down!


 Sure you download updates
to your anti-virus / malware,
programs, and run scans 
almost daily. (Right?)

Well, meet my friend
 GLARY.
"One Click Maintenance"



This is a free utility for personal use.
If you purchase the "Pro" version
(as I eventually did)
there are even more tools
to optimize, and safeguard
your computer.

But there is NO pressure to buy-
[ And this was an unsolicited
and unpaid recommendation.]

I happily 
used GLARY Free for YEARS
and just wanted my friends
to know about it.

You can download it
via the link below.


Install Glary
Free & Virus Tested


FireFox 

Think you'll try it?

THANK YOU for visiting!
                      WARMLY, cloudia


24 comments:

Lynn said...

I have registry software, too. It does make things go better. And I just loaded Google Chrome last weekend - it definitely works better with Blogger.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Fantastic photography and beautiful texture! It is a pleasure to visit your site.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Anonymous said...

But I'm SCARED! Will it mess up other stuff? Yep, my computer's gotten slower. I thought Google Chrome was a chit-chat thingie. It's a program to run stuff? Will it interfere with other stuff? But I'm not having trouble poking into people's blogs. DrumMajor

Daryl said...

if you buy a Mac you wont have those issues ...

the walking man said...

I have so much security on my PC already but I d-loaded Glary thanks sista' That is some fast running scanning going on there.

Charles Gramlich said...

I generally find firefox works pretty well for me with blogger.

21 Wits said...

That's too bad for her, but I understand. My computer has issues with the browser as well, so I'm forced to use hubby's computer...we can be powerless without our browsers! :)

Anonymous said...

great tips, I have never heard of this before, Glary, sounds good,

Teresa said...

Thanks for all the tips!!

Myrna R. said...

Thank you so much Cloudia, for everything. Your posts are always so full of value. I had to go back and look at the pictures because I got lost in enjoying all the quotes, then I was seriously alert to your computer advice. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Yes, they are a whole other universe. Thank you much for the advice. Please have you all a good weekend.

ayala said...

:)Great post!

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you. I am so grateful that the power of the computer allows me to meet people like you, who enrich my world.

Pietro Brosio said...

Thanks for sharing the tips about computers, Cloudia. Wonderful images!
My operating system dates from 2008...
;-)

Happy weekend!

Cloudia said...

ISN'T this JOLLY!

Thanks so much dears

Indrani said...

Wow! Good collection of computer related quotes. I particularly liked the one where the ladies go for walk with computers.

Erika said...

To day I like very much your post dear Cloudia. I'have shared it on Facebook.
Wish you a nice Sunday!
Baci dall'Italia.
Erika

RONW said...

indeed the new Blogger format isn't that user friendly. About the only editor I like using was TypePad, then they did a "New and Improved" version and I moved to Blogger.

Cloudia said...

Thank you three friends!

magiceye said...

might try out glary

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Magia da Inês said...

Bom fim de semana!
Bom domingo!

¸.•°`♥✿⊱╮
❤♡
FELIZ DIA DAS MÃES!!!

Beijinhos.
Brasil
°º °♫♫♪¸.•°`

PhilipH said...

Great post Cloudia.
You have a consistently GOOD blog!
Hurrah for Cloudia-the-Great!

Dave King said...

Alan Turing, of course... I wonder... could be!

Betty Manousos said...

great tips, cloudia and brilliant images!
thanks for sharing both.

big hugs!