Friday, June 15, 2012

History of Sales

A  L  H  A !
In the beginning
was pure barter,
sharing, clan.

The first salesmen
came along,
selling ideas;
Nothing else
needed selling.

" I am chief "
was an early favorite.

" Believe
in my gods."

Was closely related.

 One who is selling
 uses what works.

Any motivator
will do
if it succeeds.

" Convert or die "
worked.



 And any " Facts"
a salesman uses
are just that:
Being used,
pimped-out,
just the way you like
to hear them;
Tilted just so. 




I'm tired of being 
pitched, sold, convinced,
misdirected
by slant.

How about 
Y O U ? 






 So if Honesty sells,
what is it selling?

Perhaps:
" Win - Win " 
&
" Sustainability "
in place of very few
winners-taking-all?





 But the selling
and convincing
rolls, rolls along: 

" Up UP!
with those who fleece
and disrespect us,
 driving us to be wolves
at our neighbors door
and fools
at our own.





 And those with a heart,
a voice,
a talent to help?

Put the blame on THEM!
[Ask Socrates or Jesus]

While shysters laugh
behind golden doors
in their thinning,
artificial
pompadours.
(Yeah; I'm looking at YOU
trump!)


Thanks for listening
to my rant.

We now return you to the world-as-it-is,
already in progress.

Your comments are like drugs to me,
help me out, Man!

                                      Warmly,  cloudia

20 comments:

the walking man said...

What you want me to needle you? I thought I had been.

Oh hell yes Sista' I tired of some pimp trying to spin me so fast that the ringing in my ears is rung out...they think if they make me dizzy enough I will do as I was told or is it sold?

I think though at least I have made it so there will never be another politician knocking on my door.

I asked him how much he was going to sell himself for...he understood the question and didn't even bother to say "I'm not like the rest." Just shook his head and walked away...I'll probably vote for him because in not answering he answered and that is about as close to honest as one can find in a politician.

Akelamalu said...

I couldn't sell aything.

Daryl said...

Trump does what he does to get reactions, to get more press, to distract from what is important aside from his own ego which is what drives him from his comb over to his inane remarks .. do you think he really believes the President wasnt born in this country? Do you really think he believes that birth certificate wasnt real? If you do, I've got a bridge to sell you ...

Lynn said...

I'm a glorified salesperson - it's a hard job really. I think one reason I have a certain measure of success is because I won't use sales scripts and present my genuine self to everyone. :)

Myrna R. said...

I'm always happy to oblige you with your daily fix. Your blog posts are a fix for me too. Your rant here is great. Wish Trump read it.

Pietro Brosio said...

Have a pleasant day, Cloudia!
Greetings from Turin :-)

Charles Gramlich said...

Barter is more honest, really.

FilipBlog said...

oh, a gift. Always nice to give and receive.

Greetings,
Filip

Anonymous said...

Glad, that it is not 'history to sale'.

Selling pictures of what's going on over here to an agency has made me much wonder about what sells and what not; what is a picture, what not, but most of all, what newspapers -channels are selling to the people.

Please have a good weekend you all.

daily athens photo

Friko said...

Here's a bit of aspirin; haven't got any other drugs:

The world needs fewer salesmen, right?

Carol said...

Thank you for your comment. Just this morning we were talking at work about mistakes in healthcare and how there is 'I'm Sorry' legislation in NH to allow MDs & maybe others to say that to consumers when a mistake is made.

Cloudia said...

AH!

Thanks- I NEEDED those ;-]

Jenn Jilks said...

It is a shame that we cannot trust one another to be good and treat one another with respect.
I'm happy to be retired, and not having to work well with others!
cheers, sistah!
Love from Cottage Country!

Cloudia said...

cheers!

magiceye said...

sold!

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

magiceye said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
HAVE A GREAT ONE!
AND A SUPER YEAR AHEAD!!!

Kay said...

Yae, Cloudia! Say it for all of us1!

Bob Bushell said...

I love the skyscapes in your blog, absolutely stunning.

Betty Manousos said...

yay! happy belated birthday!


...i have never learned how to be a good seller.

Cloudia said...

Thank you EACH!


Your visits and comments are cherished gifts to me.