Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Island Cruising

A  L  O  H  A !

Hula Blues by The Brothers Cazimero on Grooveshark

 Honolulu light beautifies a wall, or a face



" Laughter is the sun 
that drives winter 
from the human face.  "

Victor Hugo


"Turn your face to the sun
and the shadows fall behind you." 
  
Maori Proverb
















 Waikiki Summer


" There shall be eternal
 Summer,
 in the 
grateful heart. "

Celia Thaxter














 Island Cruising - Let's Go Holo Holo

" -locals will say
 ' I'm just going holoholo '
 to indicate no real planned destination;
 or, to say they are in transit 
to a specific place. "



" May the road rise
 to meet you,
May the wind be always 
at your back.
May the sun shine warm 
upon your face, "

Irish Blessing


















JR Macaulay, 1917



 > < } } (°>



Thank YOU

                           Warmly, cloudia



Below:
Uncle Harry discusses the deeper meanings 
of the word HoloHolo- 1 minute

27 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

thanks for the beautiful music and the quotes, and the photos!

alohaa!!!!
xx

Daryl said...

Back from my get-away and struggling to catch up .. hey!!!

the walking man said...

I been holoholo for a long time now. I may not be aging gracefully but what the hell i ain't dead yet so i must no be quite ripe enough to reap.

Lisa said...

Thank YOU, Cloudia.

Hello Cloudia :)

Lynn said...

Love that contented cat!

mermaid gallery said...

love those hula blues...that must be what I have ...cause all it does it rain here...i am still searching for that eternal youth...but it only comes in with the sun....aloha!

Friko said...

I'm just off for a ramble; why have a specific place in mind when the world is ready and waiting for you to explore it.

Teresa said...

This post made me smile!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh I looooooove the 'holoholo' I am going to use that so much,thanks Cloudia for another very useable expression, the Hawaiian for 'no worries' oui!

Myrna R. said...

Hawaii sounds heavenly. And you live there, you must be an angel.

Charles Gramlich said...

that cat has the right idea, lay around on some cool shady earth.

Cloudia said...

YOU [each of you] are a GIFT in my day! and my heart. . . .




Thank You

FilipBlog said...

I find it always surprising that these dogs stay in the car when they stop.

Greetings,
Filip

Reader Wil said...

HoloHolo ! Just do it! I am going to use it!!

Cloudia said...

Well behaved, dogs, Filip....

holoholo in the Netherlands!
I LOVE it Wil !

Thank

Anonymous said...

I shall make this word part of my vocabulary. Thank you for teaching. Please have you all a good Wednesday.

Fernando Santos (Chana) said...

Belas fotografias...Bela musica...Espectacular....
Cumprimentos

Kay said...

I've heard another version of that Irish blessing. "May you get to heaven 10 minutes before the devil knows you're dead."
:-)

Commander Zaius said...

" Laughter is the sun
that drives winter
from the human face. "

Victor Hugo


That is one avenue of my life I wish I could fix. I don't laugh as much as used to.

Cloudia said...

Love you folks. thanks

magiceye said...

HoloHolo
loved listening to Uncle Harry

namaste /\ from Mumbai
aloha!!

21 Wits said...

I love going Holo Holo all the time! It's the only way to live. :)

claude said...

I am back slowly on the web and on my friends'blogs. ALOHA !

Bob Bushell said...

Nice.

Cloudy said...

Wunderschöner Beitrag, so werde ich beginnen zu träumen...

Lieben Gruß
CL

SandyCarlson said...

Beautiful! These thoughts and sounds are a balm tonight!

Cloudia said...

thank YOU each!