Monday, June 18, 2012

The New Song

A  L  O  H  A !

 " Every year,
by burning fossil fuels,
we release
a million years
of photosynthesis. "

Daniel  Nocera













 " More energy from sunlight 
strikes the earth in 1 hr 
 than all of the energy 
currently consumed on the planet 
in 1 year. "


 United Nations Development Program
(2003)
World Energy Assessment Report: 
Energy and the Challenge of Sustainability










 
 " A hunch
 is creativity trying
 to tell you
 something.  "

Frank Capra











 
“Genius is nothing more
 nor less
 than childhood
 recaptured at will.” 

  Charles Baudelaire


 “Genius
 is the recovery
 of childhood 
at will.” 

  Arthur Rimbaud



[/]

 






THE NEW SONG
w.s. merwin


For some time I thought there was time
and that there would always be time
for what I had a mind to do
and what I could imagine
going back to and finding it
as I had found it the first time
but by this time I do not know
what I thought when I thought back then
                                                -

there is no time yet it grows less
there is the sound of rain at night
arriving unknown in the leaves
once without before or after
then I hear the thrush waking 
at daybreak singing the new song.


Thank YOU
                    Warmly, cloudia

29 comments:

Brian Miller said...

pretty cool stat on the power of the sun, too bad we dont really harness that...and i hope we seriously consider how we can create some clean energy soon to leave a better legacy to future generations...


aloha from va

Linda said...

Lovely post with beautiful photos.

Birdman said...

Gotta read some Rimbaud today. Thanks for the quote of childhood.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

We need to wake up !

Daryl said...

sadly you are preaching to the choir

DeniseinVA said...

Wise words and another great post :)

Myrna R. said...

The photos and quotes are great as always. But, today my favorite is what you poetically wrote. It melded immediately with my heart, and inspires me to waste no time. Really nice writing Cloudia.

Charles Gramlich said...

"genius is childhood recaptured at will." I like that very much.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Y'see this is why I have solar heating, all that lovely hot water cuortesy of la soleil!! More and more people are using solar panels for electricity etc here, I'm sure it's happening everywhere.

Anonymous said...

That poem - your photos - just wondrous!

Full-On-Forward said...

YOU are our Song Sis! Hugs and Love from the East Coast!

Have a SPECIAL week!

I needed this post today!

Thanks friend,

J

TexWisGirl said...

i LOVE that 3rd photo! wow! just gorgeous!

FilipBlog said...

Love the macro flower and the snale.

Greetings,
Filip

Hilary said...

Lovely photos and I just love the Frank Capra quote.

Cloudia said...

Thanks my friends!

You know, sometimes I feel a bit like I am preaching (thanks Daryl :-)
and I don't want to hector you.

Your visits are gifts in my days,
so that's why I put 3 pictures and as many quotes, before adding a 'main topic' usually. So you can find SOMETHING that adds to your day. You surely don't need permission to scan/ignore content that doesn't resonate with YOU!

Stefano Davanzo said...

nice post, beautiful shot and quote.

See you

Less than 30 days and I will be in you paradise...I'm so happu to be back.

Ciao
Stefano

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Uh oh, looks like Rimbaud "borrowed" from Baudelaire almost word for word. Sorry, got distracted from all the other wonderful quotes and citations. Sending best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Energy. Thank you for the inspiration. And yes, many times my son seems to be more clever than me.

Please have you all a good Tuesday.

LifeRamblings said...

great photos with beautiful accompanying words.

Halcyon said...

Gorgeous shots. I like the hibiscus especially! :)

SandyCarlson said...

Fab YOU lous! Thank you. Baudelaire's words have me thinking....

magiceye said...

love that song!!

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Tammie Lee said...

thank you for your inspiring post and gorgeous photos.

Indrani said...

Beautiful photos and the quotes so inspiring.

The Bipolar Diva said...

that hibiscus is gorgeous!

Bob Bushell said...

Beautiful photos, yes, we need to be clean, energy wise.

Betty Manousos said...

the skies are gorgeous!

Reader Wil said...

Solar energy is one of the solutions to the problem of energy shortage. I have solar panels on my roof. Thanks for your beautiful photos amd poem.
Greetings from Holland.

matt at shadow of iris said...

The close up of the flower takes my breath a way – so beautiful!