Thursday, August 2, 2012

Connoisseur of Decline,

A  L  O  H  A !

" All in all,
 I would not have
 missed 
this century 
for the world.  "

Gore Vidal


















" As societies grow decadent, 
the language grows decadent,
 too. 
Words are used to 
disguise,
 not to illuminate, 
action: you liberate a city 
by destroying it. 
Words are to confuse, 
so that at election time 
people will solemnly vote 
against their own 
interests. "
 
Gore Vidal













" I never miss a chance 
to have sex 
or appear
 on television. "
 
Gore Vidal
















Common Waxbill
" Many writers 
who choose to be 
active in the world 
 lose not virtue 
but time, 
and that

 stillness 

without which 
literature 
cannot be made.  "

Gore Vidal














DickDaniels (http://carolinabirds.org/)


 " One is sorry 
one could not have taken
 both branches
 of the road. 
But we were not allotted 
multiple selves.  "

Gore Vidal





Thank YOU
for looking in!


                            Warmly, Cloudia


" There is no human problem
which could not be solved
if people would simply do
as I advise. "
Gore Vidal






26 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you. I am sure that he would have appreciated this post as much as I did.

Brian Miller said...

some pretty cool quotes...and nice tribute in his passing....

aloha from va

the walking man said...

I will lose the stillness and writing time if by taking some action I can change a heart. I haven't so far but what the hell someone will be foolish enough to listen so i will keep trying.

Goodbye Gore. I'd do as you said but having a bum ear I need to hear it from the other side dude.

G-Man said...

R.I.P. Gore....
Thanks Cloudia....:-)

Daryl said...

Nice tribute

Green Monkey said...

..."ah, but I'm just getting started"

very nice tribute Cloudia.

And I am excited to get your book!

Ruby said...

I have always wondered how it would feel to take both branches of the road :)

Anonymous said...

that was wonderful, just so thought inspiring,

Anonymous said...

It's painful to split and clone, so we must take one road at a time. Interesting guy. DrumMajor

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Nice tribute, Cloudia.

Nice cloud, too!
~

Myrna R. said...

Wonderful quotes. Nice to honor him.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wonderful tribute to a wise man Cloudia.

Birdman said...

I'm with Vidal on that for sure! Nice tribute.

Anonymous said...

RIP Vidal. Lovely tribute.

FilipBlog said...

The cloud of The Netherlands, it is orange.

Greetings,
Filip

Cloudia said...

Each of YOU
has added true value
to my day,
my life.


thank YOU very much

Windsmoke. said...

Bonza tribute. I especially like the second quote as it rings very true indeed. R.I.P. Vidal.

Fireblossom said...

Just wonderin' how you're doing.

Thinkin' about ya.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Gore Vidal's thoughts are interesting !

magiceye said...

peace

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Erik Donald France said...

Love Gore Vidal. He was so sharp and funny and right on - first caught his saucy antics on Johnny Carson as a kid.

Cheers, Cloudia ~!

Bob Bushell said...

A nice man.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cloudia said...

Thank YOU, friends!

Kay said...

I've never seen that bird with the red mask before in Hawaii. I was surprised to hear about the passing of Gore Vidal yesterday.

Cloudia said...

good to see you, Kay. Thanks