Sunday, August 5, 2012

Finding an Animal Companion

A  L  O  H  A !
Good Times Together by Cecilio & Kapono on Grooveshark

So many adventures together

 Animal companions
are gifts of unconditional
love.

They have shorter lives than we do.
So, as they teach us
about love,
they also teach us about 
loss,
and coping.

They give us the gift
of grasping
mortality.



Right after they
leave us,
there is a time
that is too full
of emptiness
and memories-

-too full
to try and fill.






Gecko on a wall mirror

 We never saw a gecko 
in the apartment before,
but one appeared
the day after Kitty passed.



The place seemed so
e m p t y
with her gone.

The gecko was like
nature
looking in
to console us-
to make us smile
at irrepressible
L I F E !







 The is a place [ Link ]
where you can go
to find an animal
who is also
looking for a friend.
Even if it is not
easy-












 Any new relationship
 is fraught;  
It's best 
to take it easy
 at first.
This girl
was in kitty jail
for over a month!








 In time, 
curiosity prevails. 
Is that a lightning-bolt
on your head,
friend?









 A loving nature
 instinctively understands
when it has met 
kindred spirits.














No other inmates,
no stream of faces,
no fingers through
 the mesh.
Perhaps my luck
has turned.
No noise,
or smell-
I seem to be
the sole cat in
possession.












Already in charge of the remote!
Meet
Pixie 'Thunderbolt' Charters



=^.^=


Aren't Friends wonderful?
Glad YOU  
have become ours!


'Take away News - Leave Your Comment'

                         Warmly, cloudia


31 comments:

the walking man said...

I guess the Great Dane was just too big eh? Nice looking cat, hope it's a hep cat.

Anonymous said...

Clouds / thunder; um, cloudia / thunderbolt; um, this seems a good pairing. Did you feed the gecko? How'd he get to the 20th-something floor?! Pixie-kitty is lucky you found her. Hope she "breaks you in" gently, as she's liable to have boundless energy! Aloha, DrumMajor

bea's blog said...

What a beautiful post!
Always enjoy your blog!
=^..^=
Beatrice

Birdman said...

It's a 'Harry Potter' cat. So difficult to say goodbye to dear companions. I've done it 6 times. Teardrop!

TexWisGirl said...

oh, that's awesome! congratulations on your new sweet beauty! i cannot live without sweet pets (my 'kids').

mermaid gallery said...

what a sweetie!...already in the bed too.....I need that animal warmth myself....it's primal and comforting. Cuddles for Pixie!

R. J. said...

Pets are wonderful and I enjoyed our two cats and one dog. I will now enjoy pets owned by others.

Teresa said...

Pixie Thunderbolt Charters is adorable!! So glad you have found a new friend.

FilipBlog said...

I like animals to. Great cats.

Greetings,
Filip

Charles Gramlich said...

Life will not be contained.

Akelamalu said...

It's heartbreaking when a beloved pet dies. :(

dr.antony said...

Unusual color for the cat.Lovely

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How wonderful Cloudia, I agree so much, cats pick you just as much as you them. Pixie looks like a little treasure, I'm so happy for you and hope to see many more pictures of her.

Unknown said...

I am 66 year old. My cats are 9 and 4 years old. I pray that I die before they do.

Kay said...

I'm sorry for your melancholy, Cloudia, but I'm glad you've got a new and beautiful friend now.

Indrani said...

Lovely pictures for your message.

Bubblewench said...

So happy for you both!

Cloudia said...

What a jolly party we're having here today!

Thanks to EACH of YOU for being real friends-

bea's blog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

:)

There are times when we have to search for hours for the pets our son takes to his bed to sleep. They own each other's life now for five years already.

Everything thinkable good for your new friend. Please have you all a good new week.

Cloudia said...

Thank You friends!

Jenn Jilks said...

My condolences, Cloudia. I know there are lessons to be learned. Better to have loved and lost...
I usually visit you to find comforting words, not sure I can give you comfort. You celebrate the life, not mourn the death. This is important.
Cheers from Cottage Country!

Fernando Santos (Chana) said...

Belas fotografias...Espectacular....
Cumprimentos

DeniseinVA said...

I'm happy for you Cloudia, she is adorable!

Elephant's Child said...

I am so sorry. Animals wind their paws deep into your heartstrings and take a piece of you with them when they go.
Thunderbolt looks amazing - and has come to a loving home.

La sonrisa de Hiperion said...

Estupendas las fotos, siempre un placer haber vuelto por tu casa.

Saludos y un abrazo.

RONW said...

I've been through this with cat owners before. Sooner or later, their batteries will run out. It's a scientific fact. If owners aren't prepared for the exit, then they shouldn't own cats or pets to begin with. Don't take me wrong, I'm in no way trivializing the loss.

Full-On-Forward said...

I LOVE CALICO- "Pixie Dust"- Charters!!!!!

"Gelical" Names are a delight to choose aren't they?

J

Country Girl said...

Hi, Pixie! Nice to meet you ~

Hilary said...

What a beauty! I'm so glad you've found each other. :)

Fireblossom said...

Welcome Pixie!!! I am so glad for you and for little Ms. Thunderbolt, too!

and..."Cat House" with the little kitty face...how cute is that?!