Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Other People

A  L  O  H  A !
Some People by Original Broadway Cast on Grooveshark

" The secret
 of many a success 
in the world
 resides
in insight
 into the moods 
of others
and  tact
 in dealing with
 them. "

J. G. Holland












  “ The well bred
 contradict 
other people.
 The wise 
contradict 
themselves. ”

 Oscar Wilde









" Somebody Else's Problem 
 (also known as SEP)
 is a condition where
 individuals/populations 
 choose to decentralize themselves 
from an issue
 that may be in critical need
 of recognition. "

 Wikipedia
[ Link ]








 “ Knowing your own
 darkness
 is the best method
 for dealing with 
the darknesses of  
other people. ” 

 Carl Gustav Jung









" The more we deny 
that we have a dark side,
 the more power
 it has 
over us. "

Sheryl Lee









 “  Most people
 are other people. 
Their thoughts 
are someone else's
 opinions,
 their lives 
a mimicry,
 their passions
 a quotation.  ”

 Oscar Wilde 









“ Without deep reflection
 one knows
 from daily life 
that one exists
 for other people .” 

Albert Einstein 



  >  <  }  }  ( ° >


Something good
 happened to me;
I got depressed.

It made me realize:
"Hey! 
This is how I used to feel
ALL the time."

Now I don't -
but HOW did I 
live with that?!

How did I ever 
LIVE
like that?

Now,
 for the most part,
I'm grateful 
& enjoying.

Hell
used to be
Other People.

Now I feel
that as long as there
are Others Like
You Folks
in my life,
that Heaven
will always be
reachable.

Hearing
hateful, limited, false,
damaging words
disturbs my equilibrium.
And there are 
PLENTY today.

So how do I CARE,
but remain unruffled
by the darker
aspects of humanity?

How can I respond
to falsehood
without losing
my light
to anger?

As we mature
sometimes we feel
like we've seen it all
before.

How do we share
something other than
frustration,
disappointment,
disillusionment
with others
(especially younger people)

One thing I've learned
is that the next
comment,
the next blog post,
that I read
can ignite magic!

Often,
just knowing
that friends care
changes the 
world.

Thanks for being
a force for good
in our circle,
and in my
life!

         Warmly, cloudia









28 comments:

Pierre BOYER said...

I particulary love your second picture...

Pierre

G-Man said...

Cloudia...
You my dear ignite magic and love every single day, Thanks

Daryl said...

wouldnt mind sitting on the sidelines as Oscar and Albert debated

the walking man said...

Once upon a time i could just drop a hit or smoke some or eat some peyote and not care. Unfortunately I grew out of that. BUT fear not the words of others especially regarding the world politic for there is only one answer oh sister of my heart "Fuck 'em"

Anonymous said...

Wonderful assortment of sunshine and sunsets! It shows the little match that YOU light into our days around the world. Hope you aren't "dumpy" for too long. Mahalo, DrumMajor

nanny said...

Cloudia, you fill our days with beauty and inspirational words!!

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Thanks for the tip on the spam comment.....

Birdman said...

Wilde quote on the wise made me smile. I'll store it away. Thanks for this one.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
21 Wits said...

As you are a force of good for me as well! I don't particularly care for the phrase living "outside the box" but I follow the concept! (often with gentle nudges from your posts as reminders!) Have a great day amongst the other people, sometimes I've noticed a smile breaks much, surely you know too, not always! But it can start right here, right now! :) * * * *

RONW said...

"my mind is tossing out there in the ocean, there where ...." and so forth.

TexWisGirl said...

it really is true. we find such knowledge, such beauty, such open sharing - whether raw emotions or glee or effervescent joy - here in blogland. :)

Full-On-Forward said...

The Leaf is Phenomenal! You Dear friend have shined your bright light of Upliftingness into our hearts on many a day!

We are and always will be here for you!

Very, very thoughtful and Uplifting post- Kilroy!

Hugs from the East Coast!

John

PS: I'm BACK!

Commander Zaius said...

“ The well bred contradict other people. The wise contradict themselves. ” Oscar Wilde

Oh my God, you mean my daily confusion about everything might be a good thing? What a concept!

Brian Miller said...

def agree that its in who is around you...and how you choose to navigate those relational waters.....

aloha from va!

Elephant's Child said...

That first Oscar Wilde quote and the glorious photo you chose to illustrate it really hit the spot for me. Thank you so much.

RONW said...

There are five things that you cannot recover in life:

(1) The Stone...........after it's thrown,
(2) The Word...............after it's said,
(3) The Occasion......after it's missed, and
(4) The Time.............after it's gone.
(5) A person...............after they die

Hilary said...

If anyone ignites magic, it's you.. with your words.. your photos.. your kindness. I hope you're smiling again by now. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

big info little weds; much needed

ipoh

Anonymous said...

i stole few lines to post at http://sanibasor.blogspot.in/ . irresistible temptation.

gabrielle said...

Your honesty is the freshest flower in the garden.

Cloudia said...

Thank You Friends!!!!!

magiceye said...

Thank you for posting what you do

Namaste /\ from Mumbai
Aloha!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Reader Wil said...

You're a great friend, Cloudia! Groeten uit Nederland, Wil

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Cheer up Cloudia, you know we all love you. This is a mighty fine selection of Hawaiian sunsets you've show us here today and as for Oscar Wilde, he rules, even from the 'beyond'!!

Tammie Lee said...

hello Cloudia,

the words you have chosen to share with us are so perfect for my feelings and thoughts today, i thank you for your magical timing.

your realizations and for holding on to the good is inspiring and supportive for me, thank you~ and lovely day to you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.