Friday, August 10, 2012

The Golden Hint

A  L  O  H  A !
I Am The Walrus by TheB eat les on Grooveshark

" I believe in
 the Golden Rule. 
I believe in
 practicing it. "

Loretta Young 

















" Here's my Golden Rule 
for a tarnished age:
 Be fair with others,
 but keep after them
 until they're fair
 with you. "

Alan Alda










" The golden rule
 is that there are
 no golden rules.  "

George Bernard Shaw
























 " The Golden Rule
 of Parenting is; 
do unto your children 
as you wish your parents
 had done unto you!  "

Louise Hart








 " The problem with the bronco
 is to get on 
and stay on. 
This is the problem 
with the Golden Rule-
to understand 
and apply.  "

James Cash Penney






  
 < ° ) } } > <  



 
They call it
"The Golden Rule"

Rules we know ALL
about,

That is how they
taught us:
Consequences
like a law of 
Nature Mechanist
do this - get 
 that
mistaking their own
anxieties, and whims
into the rules
that they taught us
before we knew
there were any other.

But this rule's
Golden!
A contract even:
" I'll consider you,
and expect the same
in return. "
That is something
to be practiced,
hoped for;
A someday kinda thing,
until we get it 
right. 



But what if the Golden's
not just a finer
better rule?

Perhaps we call it 
Golden
to indicate some 
treasure there?

It refers to a knowing
about another person's
needs and desires
being very like one's own.


To know something reliable
about every Other you meet
would change,
 even ennoble
Everything!


A Golden Hint
about Something
we share;
a reliable unity
at the root of our 
differences riot.


A Golden Hint
about the nature of
We
that changes one
forever,
revealing a world
less cold.

A Hint.

Thank YOU!

'Take Away Peace - Leave Your Comment'

                      Warmly, cloudia


27 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you Cloudia. I always find something beautiful when I come to visit you, and today is no exception.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm going with George on this one Cloudia there are no set golden rules, and btw the image that accompanied this quote made my tummy do a 'vertigo' lurch, is that the view from your eyrie?

the walking man said...

Gotta wonder though why some folks have a 24 karat golden rule and others just an 14 karat golden rule.

izzy said...

I do love Alan Alda- as far as golden rules = gold is soft and pliable...I adhere to do unto others
for the most part; Thanks!

Pearl said...

What a different world it would be if the Golden Rule were practiced as often as it was touted!

Pearl

Birdman said...

The Golden Rule is easy to follow. Peace!

btw the Hart quote is hilarious!

dr.antony said...

I wonder if all rules are made to be broken.

dr.antony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dr.antony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruby said...

Wonderful reminder and quotes on the golden rule!!! Cheers, Ruby

Fireblossom said...

I'll take all the hints I can get!

TexWisGirl said...

i love the first shot thru that palm! :) the view from above was cool, too!

Hilary said...

Hints are easier to accept for rule-breakers. As always, your post is Golden.

foongpc said...

Haha! I like the quote by George Bernard Shaw - The golden rule is there are no golden rules : )

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love the Louise Hart one Cloudia. The trouble with parenting is that however hard we try we can only do our best and we are bound to do something wrong.

Cloudia said...

Glad you like the view down from my height-

Thanks to each of YOU!

bobbybegood1 said...

Shaw was so profound, wasn't he? The purple in the bird pic is stunning. Wise words from a wise woman - always. Cheers Cloudia!!

Anonymous said...

Learned various during University, a few were even defined by sq. roots - thank you for teaching yours. Please have you all a good weekend.

Friko said...

I'm not sure about any Rules, golden or otherwise. They are so often set by people who don't follow them but like everybody else to follow the one they set up.

Myrna R. said...

I love the hints of gold I always find here.

Kavita Saharia said...

Aloha my lovely friend:)

Indrani said...

Fantastic perspective of the leaf. Love your shots. Have a great weekend.

Charles Gramlich said...

that cloud looks like God holding a sword.

Tammie Lee said...

fun post on 'the golden rule'

Bob Bushell said...

Alan Alda, here is wise man, M*A*S*H. And I love the Beatles, especially "I am the Walrus". In fact, that is a beautiful post.

Akelamalu said...

My golden rule is "Do as you would be done by". :)

eastcoastlife said...

Happy weekend! Kisses and hugs from sunny Singapore!