Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Soul is a Small Bird

A   L   O   H   A  !
Bird on a Wire by Leonard Cohen on Grooveshark

" I'd rather sing one wild song

 and burst my heart with it,

 than live a thousand years

 watching my digestion

 and being afraid

 of the wet.” 

 Jack London, 
The Turtles of Tasman

















"I'd rather sing
MANY wild songs
 and burst my heart with 
a surprising number
of them,








 while living
 a thousand years
 nurturing my digestion
with good food,








and showing due
respect
 of the slippery,
and wet.” 

Cloudia
The Turtle Doves of Ala Moana

(*)>
                 / )                  
/" 


Thanks for visiting!
What say YOU?                    
                                      cloudia


29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the vehicle leaving any room for the people?
DrumMajor

Anonymous said...

I must meet these red-footed birdies next time!
DrumMajor

Anonymous said...

✿ Beautiful pics ! I love them ! The music too !!!
Thanks for sharing !
Greetings from Asia ✿

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Beautiful pictures and an excellent poem, Cloudia!

Brian Miller said...

oo oo oo i like that first quote...one wild song...i hear him....yes, me too...smiles.


aloha from va

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I like you version best!

:)

rupam sarma said...

Beautiful post.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm with Karen.. Your version works !!

Adam said...

have a great Tuesday

TexWisGirl said...

very sweet dove. :)

Bob Bushell said...

I love the sunlight in the first shot, fantastic.

Charles Gramlich said...

Jack London had quite a few interesting quotes. Fascinating fellow.

21 Wits said...

I'm swimming in your lovely, ever bright photos and drying off by those wise quotes! You are surrounded by such beauty.

Rosaria Williams said...

Ah, you're on a roll...

Maude Lynn said...

Me, too!

Friko said...

I don’t want to live a thousand years, whatever my digestion is like.

Cloudia said...

Jolly!

Thanks, each of You

Elliot MacLeod-Michael said...

Agreed, no reason you can't do both.

Elephant's Child said...

No, I don't want to live a thousand years either. The many wild songs is a different issue though...

Duckbutt said...

I'll go with the many wild songs!

Smile, Cloudia! You're the best!

DeniseinVA said...

I say I love coming here and seeing the photos and quotes you treat us to. Lovely music also :)

Jenn Jilks said...

I say I love to visit you!
Cheers from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

LONDONLULU said...

I say hurrah for the latter (*your* thought!:)

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Hawaii, I like the idea !

Indrani said...

Stunning shots Cloudia, the pigeon grabbed my attention!

Ercotravels said...

Stunning sky shot cloudia! and also like other photos too..

Pietro Brosio said...

Nice post, Cloudia. Fantastic the first image!

Cloudia said...

Jolly!


thanks!

Stefano Davanzo said...

Love your blog... take me home
Aloha & Mahalo
Stefano