Monday, September 14, 2015

Just Sometimes

A  L  O  H  A !
" No great discovery 
was ever made 
without a bold guess. " 
                                Newton









" Dwelling on the negative 
simply contributes 
to its power. "
                   Shirley MacLaine









" Life is too 
deep for words,
 so don't try 
to describe it, 
just live it. "
              C.S. Lewis

Rather strange words 
for a novelist and 
essayist on 
the deepest topics!
Wouldn't you say?


(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Sometimes, 
despite my best efforts, 
my head spins faster 
and faster like a toy, 
then it goes flying off 
in some random direction. 

Sometimes 
it flies quite far, and 
always unpredictably. 


Happy to report that
 I have retrieved my head 
and it is now sitting 
back on my neck, 
though not securely 
fastened as of yet. 

It remains a bit wild. . . . 

Fortunately years and years 
of being 'over sensitive' 
have given me ample 
opportunity to develop 
skills that even the 
most even tempered 
require from time to time. 

When my head flies 
around the corner 
like Daffy Duck, 
I know what to do, 
and often 
even DO IT! 

So here's to life, 
occasionally over-stimulating life!

Long may I wave. 

And look! 
I can see YOU 
waving back to me!  

Delightful
                  Fondly, cloudia

21 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

I so agree that dwelling on the negative adds to its power. Hope you are thinking positive today! ;)

eileeninmd said...

Hello Cloudia, beautiful skies and lovely images! The quotes are so true. Any negative thinking is bad, I try to think positive thoughts. Have a happy Monday and new week ahead!

Teresa said...

Great sky pics!! Hang in there! Have a wonderful week.

William Kendall said...

Spectacular skies!

Poor Daffy...

Unknown said...

Lovely skies! Enjoy your week!

Charles Gramlich said...

Keeping your head on your neck? Isn't it in danger out there? I like to keep mine in a locked safe. I seldom use it anyway.

Cloudia said...

Thanks SO much - each of You!

RedPat said...

Love the skies and the quotes especially Shirley MacLaine's, Cloudia!

Halcyon said...

Such beautiful skies! Happy Monday. :)

Elephant's Child said...

I can remember a roadside sign I saw in India many years ago. 'Life is a duty. Do it.'
Which doesn't capture the joy and the wonder, but leaves no room for analysing...
Love the views your sensitive heart and soul captures and shares.

21 Wits said...

Yep, I'm here waving back to you too, and I sure hope your head won't fall off any time soon!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I'm glad you got your head back. Those are terrific sky pictures!

Adam said...

good quotes

Small Kucing said...

I would say Lewis is right. Think too much there will be complications. Just live the life.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I can relate to what Lewis said. Definitely. Writing is my profession. I go through periods where I think I want a job, such as driving a shuttle bus.

magiceye said...

Loved your concluding remarks!!

Namaste /\ from Mumbai
Aloha!!

Cloudia said...

These comments fed me. Thanks

Kay said...

We'll always wave at you from anywhere you like, Cloudia.

Anonymous said...

The world needs sensitive souls! Love your shots and that middle quote about negativity is spot on.

LOLfromPasa said...

Lovely post of yours today. I enjoyed the clip as well.

Intangible Hearts said...

Glad you are sensitive but we have to watch our heads! LOL