Thursday, August 25, 2016

Hobo Tramp and Bum

A  L  O  H  A !
"Enlightenment must come 
little by little - otherwise 
it would overwhelm." 
                                Idries Shah











"Life is not about how 
to make others happy, 
Life is about how you 
share your happiness 
with others" 
                                 Chinese Proverb









I tried to 

catch some fog... 

I mist!



Linking to



[\\\]

A Hobo is a migratory worker 
of great pride and skills
 who rides the rails from harvest to harvest,
The term  probably originated in the
 Northwestern United States 
[where they work the apple harvest] 
around 1890. 

The Tramp" walks ['tramps'] everywhere, 
works only when absolutely forced to.

Bums never work. 
They survive on the largess
of their fellow citizens and 
of the system they disdain.

Thank YOU
for Migrating Here!
                   Fondly, cloudia

! BONUS !

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed seeing the colorful flower!

Elephant's Child said...

Have you read Idries Shah's Mulla Nasrudin series? I think you would like them.
Love the quotes, and the photos. Always.

eileeninmd said...

Great images and I love the second quote. BTW, I read your book. I think everyone should have someone like Aunty. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

sage said...

I wonder when hobo came into vogue. I know Jack London wrote about riding the rails in 1893--I'll have to go back and find that book and see if he used the word hobo.

Anonymous said...

Love the second. It is not but bird but I thought it.

Charles Gramlich said...

I remember reading that there as a whole hobo culture with various signs and forms of communication. a fascinating topic, although I've never had time to properly study it.

Mike said...

Interesting info on hobo's. I'm sure you know wikipedia has much more. Interesting read.

William Kendall said...

Ah, so that's the difference between them.

Ruth Kelly said...

I got a chuckle out of your mist and fog quote. The first quote is oh so true - understanding comes line upon line, a little at a time.

RedPat said...

Love the pics today, Cloudia!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A bird of paradise and a great song. A really nice post, in all. I wish you a happy Thursday, Cloudia.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I always love your photos and enjoy your quotes! Happy good fences! Hugs!

Teresa said...

I love the picture of the fence shadow on the door knob. Thanks for teaching us about the definitions for hobo, tramp, and bum. I learn such wonderful things on your blog.

TexWisGirl said...

nice shadowwork!

21 Wits said...

Ah, magical, mystical shadow play!

Cloudia said...

Thanks for sharing

Cloudia said...

Thanks for riding along Sistah. I appreciate your remark

Cloudia said...

Gosh what wonderful comments Dears!

Ida said...

Pretty Bird of Paradise flower,
A nice fence/shadow shot.
Great quotes and a wonderful song. I love Emmylou.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Interesting descriptions and nice shadows!

Anonymous said...

Great images with the play of light and shadow. I had to smile at the fog/mist pun.