Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Cormorant & Pelican

A  L  O  H  A !
"A wonderful bird is the pelican,
His bill will hold more than his belican,
He can take in his beak
Enough food for a week
But I'm damned if I see how the helican!"
                Dixon Lanier Merritt (1910)






Pelicans fish close to the surface.
Cormorants swim long distances
 under the water hunting fish.
But they seem to work together,
or perhaps just enjoy the party!









"Fishing Party On The Lake"

"But what is happiness 
except the simple 
harmony between a 
person and the 
life he leads?" 
       Camus












"Knowing who you are 
is the best defense against 
who they think you are."
                Dodinsky



Linking to 

Thank YOU
Friend!
                   fondly, cloudia





16 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Both stunningly beautiful birds. Thank you.

Bob Bushell said...

Yes, it the way you do them, fantastic.

Charles Gramlich said...

I love to see Cormorants fishing.

Cloudia said...

Thanks Big Three!

William Kendall said...

I'd love to see pelicans out in the wild. They strike me as such characters.

21 Wits said...

Aloha Cloudia, every time I see a pelican's sweet little face they look to me as though they're holding back a special secret, almost a snicker!

orvokki said...

Aloha !
I like this big bird, pelican, which I cannot see here in Finland.
Wish you a happy last day of November.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love the pelicans, fascinating birds they are! Super colours in first shot Cloudia.

Teresa said...

I love the pelican poem!

Mike said...

I had to google helican to see if it was a real word anywhere. Well "Ingrid Helican" probably thinks she's real. She's a musician and an artist. Check out her name on google images.

RedPat said...

Love your pelicans, Cloudia!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Splendid birds! Have a nuce day, Cloudia!

Cloudia said...

Jolly comments! Thanks so much EACH of You!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love this post. All true, all uplifting, and wonderful photos. Yay!

Linda said...

Great shots, especially the pelican.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Why is it that Hawaiian pelicans look so much more exotic than our local version? They really do.