Saturday, October 3, 2026

Rough Water Dog

  A  L  O  H  A 

From

Honolulu


There is no need to run,

strive, search or struggle.

Just be. Just being

in the moment in

this place is the

deepest practice

of meditation.

Thich Nhat Hanh



Jacaranda tree

I do not owe my opponents 

my affection, warmth, or regard. 

But I do owe myself a chance 

to live in this world 

without the burden of hate.

 Valarie Kaur





The most important

decision you make is

to be in a good mood.

Voltaire



꧁🗿꧂




Hawaiian Monk Seal

ʻĪlio holo i ka uaua
is a Hawaiian name
for the monk seal,
commonly translated as
“dog that runs in rough water”
ʻīlio means “dog,” and
holo means “to run.”


14 comments:

  1. Flowering Jacaranda trees mean it's just about Christmas in Melbourne - they must align with a different celebration for you!
    Hope all is well.
    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words and photos to get lost in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monk seal wants a belly rub, just like Pixie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peace comes from being present, letting go of hatred, and consciously choosing a lighter and kinder state of mind

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Cloudia,
    The rainbow is lovely, I always love your sweet Pixie.
    The Monk Seal is a treat to see. Great poems and quotes.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rainbow and the beautiful Jacaranda blossoms are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May we all leave a legacy of love, not hate in this world. Loved your photos, Cloudia. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, I didn't know that about the monk seal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The older I get the more I realize that "Just Be" is some of the greatest advice ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Voltaire quote. Thank you for the , dear Cloudia. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy seeing rainbows. That is such a lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning post, Cloudia. I love this Jacaranda tree. Pixie looks pretty content. Have a lovely day today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Just Be" is the way to be. Beautiful rainbow, Cloudia. Have a nice and peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful post! Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Sharing.
SOME Comments are going
to Moderation. Fear Not! We
See & Publish them ALL Happily!