Friday, October 2, 2026

A Friend May Be Waiting


  A  L  O  H  A 

From

Honolulu

I don't think bad things

happen to good people;

I think bad things

happen to everyone,

and the way good people

respond is what

makes them good.



Cockspur Coral Tree (Erythrina crista-galli),
also known as the ceibo or cry-baby plant

I don't love you

with my heart and mind,

I love you with my soul,

in case my mind forgets

and my heart stops.

Rumi

13th-century Persian poet




Skills can be learned

and achievements

can be earned, but

character determines

how those gifts are used

and the legacy

they leave behind. Leonardo da Vinci




On an ordinary morning

light writes on the wall.

A leaf moves outside,

 window brings sun,

Together they write 

and I can almost 

scry what they mean!


Then a cloud moves

and the whole bright sentence

becomes the next.

I can almost make it out!


Nothing going on

just light, reflection,

shadow and me

On this ordinary day.


Pixie





꧁🔆꧂







A friend may be waiting
behind a stranger’s face.
Maya Angelou


16 comments:

Kay said...

You are truly a gifted poet, Cloudia. I hope all is going well for you with all the crazy weather we've been having.

rupam sarma said...

Enjoying your poem , Beautiful post. Amazing pics. Greetings to you and Pixie.

roentare said...

The words of da Vinci and Rumi remind us that true goodness lies in character, resilience, and a love that reaches beyond the heart and mind.

Anvilcloud said...

Anything can happen to anyone.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful images and quotes Cloudia.
Love Pixie and the poem.
Happy Friday, have a great day and a happy weekend.

Kathy G said...

Your first quote is real food for thought

Taken For Granted said...

That Cockspur Coral tree looks terrific in your photo. I also like your portrait of the pretty, young woman wearing the bird hat,

DrumMajor said...

Really amazing coral plant. So Pixie is enjoying the light and shadow show, but where's that smoke coming from? Linda in Kansas

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great post! Your opening statement about bad things happening to people really resonates with me. It is so true that bad things happen to everyone and we have to deal with the best way we can. I've also learned that, hurt people hurt people.

Tom said...

What a colorful young lady.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I love the sky in your first photo. Have a nice weekend!

RedPat said...

It is a treat to visit you here, Cloudia. ;-)

Jim said...

Beautiful.

Barbara Rogers said...

Loved the woman's headgear...not sure what to call it. And such wonderful words today. Mmm, yum!

Photo Cache said...

I love all the photos and the quotes this week. Can't choose a fave.

Worth a Thousand Words

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Pixie is seeing the writing on the wall! Oh, what an ethereal photo and thoughts, Cloudia. Blessings!