Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Because YOU Asked

Aloha!
Welcome back To Waikiki!
"Soft is stronger than hard, water stronger than rock, love stronger than violence." Hermann Hesse




"Agitators are a set of interfering, meddling people who come down to some perfectly contented class of the community and sow the seeds of discontent among them. That is the reason why agitators are so absolutely necessary."
Oscar Wilde

"What do artists, poets, and novelists have in common? The propensity to link seemingly unrelated things. It's called 'metaphor.'"
Dr. Vilayanur S. Ramachandran,
Behavioral Neurologist

Several of you lovely commenters have asked recently about the back-story of our life aboard our 50+ year old, cement & steel, locally built, pinky-stern, cutter-rigged boat. Oh yeah, she's like 47 feet long. People always want to know how long a boat is, just like people who really know nothing about motorcycles always ask: "How many CC's does that thing have?"
Now I sound churlish. Actually I'm gratified that you-all care! So here are a few links to previous posts that will fill you in. . .

http://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2009/01/boat-living.html

http://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2009/03/water-week.html

http://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2009/05/life-aboards.html


A L O H A! Cloudia



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks

Heff said...

That DIDN'T answer my Slip question, lol !

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I have not seen ladies looking like that since I used to subscribe to Playboy back in the 1950s.

Voices from the past > http://bing-it.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Did you ever see that movie "Into the wild?" you remind me of the couple and I would the the guy on that journey. :)

Anonymous said...

vaa vaa VOOM

Cloudia said...

Oh, Heff! ;-) Cause you slip da boat into it, boy!

Abe: Enjoy, sir!

BamaTrav: Can't recall da flick but appreciate your comment and your clever, well-written post today! Aloha

Hmmmm. the ladies attract anonymous loiterers....MARKETING! LOL! Aloha friends

Anonymous said...

God I can't type worth a crap. You should rent that movie, I think you would love it and probably relate to it. Stars Emile Hersch about a journey to find himself, leads him to Alaska after he graduates college. Powerful movie.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

I've really enjoyed reading your boat posts, Cloudia! It always amazes me how a remark from someone can change the direction of life - what an adventure.

Rufus said...

Adventures in Paradise, remember that show?

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Cloudia: It was neat to see you back in Waikiki. I read about your trip to China and that would scare me with the crazy drivers.

Feisty Crone said...

Cool story! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the back-story. (You're right-- you should be a best-selling author) I enjoyed every word. Great shots too.

Anonymous said...

"Into The Wild" was indeed excellent. True story directed by Sean Penn. Thanks for the back story Cloudia.

Wil Harrison.com

Charles Gramlich said...

Oscar wilde always had such an interesting twist on things. I love this quote by him here.

Cloudia said...

Thanks!!

Dina said...

OK, I've read or reread all your boat posts. Now I understand that unusual boat is really yours. Wow.
At first I saw the portholes and thought, oi, that's not a lot of below deck living space. But when you see the photo of the boat out of the water, it looks like you have more room in the big hull below.

I live in a primitive old one room (plus small kitchen) rented house. Plenty for me. And it's on the ground, with a big jungley yard.
With Jerusalem in view across the valley!
It seems very big now, my "hut," after looking at your living space. Maybe too big...

Thanks for explaining about the boat and life aboard.
And thanks for all your kind comments. Aloha