Wednesday, April 28, 2010

All Over da Place

Aloha, Welcome!







Click on photos to enlargeTubers


"The problem with people who have no vices
is that generally you can be pretty sure
they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."

Elizabeth Taylor






Washington Place,
Queen Emma's Home till she died in 1917.
Now our scalawag governor lives there.
There goes the neighborhood!



“A beautiful lady is an accident of nature.
A beautiful old lady is a work of art.”

Louis Nizer



Self Portrait with Fallen Lei


“The most important thing in life
is to learn how to give out love,
and to let it come in.”

Morrie Schwartz


><>


I find small pleasures where I may.

Today,

Waikiki is, shiny, greenish, and defiant in gold,

blue, and white.


The air grows more gentle.

The Jacaranda are blooming their

otherworldly shade of lilac.

South Shore Surf,

Summer Surf,

is teasingly arising.


Go wave surfers!

Go web surfers!


You are my people!




When I was young and feckless

the mature couples I saw

sitting quietly in a restuarant

seemed sad

and lacking anything

to say.


Now I know

the pleasure

of simply be-ing

together

when nothing

needs

be said.
A L O H A! Cloudia

31 comments:

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Beautiful,lovely and fantastic shots !! Nice and great Series !! Loved the post !!Also please visit my New Blog About Paranormal Studies of India.Click on the Link to view it Unseen Rajasthan Paranormal

Anonymous said...

Very nice said about mature people.
Silence is golden - They say.

Kannan said...

Great post.

the walking man said...

Now the wife and I holding hands are the ones the kids laugh at as they cavort behind us. I fart and walk faster and the old lady and I laugh as they have to walk through the gas of age.

louisebah said...

wow Cloudia! I love all your quotes; I'm hard-pressed to pick a fav!!

The self portrait is so cute :)

Unknown said...

Hello!

Always thank you for me.

Friko said...

totally agree with you.
long may it last.
Aloha, friend.

Couture Carrie said...

What a gorgeous post!
Love that mansion!

xoxox,
CC

Dave King said...

Are not all virtues a teensy weensy bit annoying?

moneythoughts said...

Either your posts are getting more to my liking, or, I am getting more like you. I really enjoyed this one too.

Charles Gramlich said...

yes, I know well the annoying virtures from your first quote.

BLOGitse said...

Great post again!
I continue saying: I love being a girl! and asking: do you please people?

Aloha!

BLOGitse

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Looks live the gov has it made!
<><

Tammie Lee said...

I got stuck on the first photo, those statues are fantastic. As well as the first quote, that just made me LOL.
Thanks.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Stunning pictures. excellent post!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I love the line about the older couple in the restaurant. No need for chatter. The husband and I like to listen in on the younger couples! Ha!

Nancy said...

Beautifully put. Love the last about mature people. No need to fill the air with their voices all of the time. Nice.

So glad it's warming up! We returned from Maui to snow.

Full-On-Forward said...

I can't wait to read you every day!!! Thanks Cloudia! Thanks for sharing YOU!!!!

John

Anonymous said...

Still remember while being young, wishing to be old, yet it seems as if it might take a bit more time to reach.

Wishing you a wonderful Thursday.

Rosaria Williams said...

I can't choose my favorite phrase today. Maybe the silence between people who can read each other's mind.

Thanks for this beauty!

Unknown said...

Amazing and interesting. Well done

Hilary said...

I love the self-portrait.. it looks so mysterious! ;)

Cloudia said...

Aloha!

bichonpawz said...

Thanks for my daily dose of Hawaii!

Heff said...

Do you have Moles in Hawaii ? Just curious, lol !


Aloha.

magiceye said...

indeed!

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

The range of quotes you offer each day is amazing. The energy it takes to find them each day is also amazing.

Thanks for visiting Oakland Daily Photo and leaving a comment. Please come by again.

Carolyn

RONW said...

nice observation on the pair in the restaurant

Cloudia said...

Thank you for looking in!

Cloudia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/04/from-friends-to-friends-awards.html

Happy Thursday!