Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lei Day

Aloha!

May Day
is
LEI DAY
in
HAWAII

click on the photos to make them blossom
"Easy reading
is damn hard
writing."

Nathaniel Hawthorne



Mz. Rose Tam-Hong

"In the particular
lies the universal."

James Joyce




The little girl is looking right at the camera!

"Perseverance
is not a long race;
it is many
short ones."

Walter Elliot



The second (left) and first most beautiful woman
at Kapiolani Park's Lei Day Celebration
last Saturday, May First


"It is a mistake to regard age
as a downhill grade toward dissolution.
The reverse is true.
As one grows older, one climbs with surprising strides."

George Sand



"A leaf fluttered in through the window this morning,
as if supported by the rays of the sun,
a bird settled on the fire escape, joy in the task of coffee,
joy accompanied me as I walked."
Anais Nin


><>

It's been a lousy week-or-so.
No, it's been a GREAT time...

Er, that is:


First, my back went out.
But instead of getting upset
I made the most of lounging.

My back healed (as usual) and
I was ready to walk in the park on Saturday
(photos above).

I was so proud of myself:
that I kept my mood "even"
instead of suffering more than necessary.

In other words,
I practiced what I always preach
here at Comfort Spiral.

Then hubby developed
an acute health issue
and I became a nurse.

(And remember:
we live on a boat;
so it is like being stuck on a couch
in a small place
with an ill person)

"Can you move your laptop a little to the right?"

"Can you move your foot and let me sit down?"


But I'm still having a nice time.

As my sister in law always says:
"So what? Who cares?"

If I don't post EVERYDAY
the world won't end.

Though I HATE missing what
Y O U
are up to
at your blogs
and in your lives!

Soon,
I will let you in on a major
decision
I've made.

Our
blog community
will continue to be
an important part of my life.

As Arianna Huffington said:

"Those who still can't believe

'Why are people updating their Face Book profiles for free?
Why are they editing Wikipedia entries for free?
Why are they blogging on Huffington Post for free?'

- the truth is that many people want to do that
as part of their own self-expression. Nobody asks why are people watching bad TV for seven hours a day."

And YOUR blogs
are SO much more interesting
than bad TV!


ALOHA, cloudia

21 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

O.k. I don't know what I like more, your quotes, unusual and fruitful, or your tidbits of life on a boat. I thank you for both, since I can't get to Hawaii any other way. Love this post.

Cloudia said...

Thanks for visiting dear Lakeviewer

who said...

that's the correct spelling? seriously? (sigh) I'm guessing it probably has a different meaning then too huh?

either way, if your back pain healed or heeled it's an improvement. I hope it doesn't seem like I am getting impatient to meet you in person. I do appreciate your daily posts cause I do love your way with words. I wish I could read braille, then one way or another I could literally feel them :)
nooo, I am content with what you already give, your pictures always seem to have a cool message right there in front of my face, or hanging back in plaid (starting to think that's all he wears)

This post tickled me, thank you,

Aloha Cloudia

Jingle said...

cutest smiles,
sweetest moments!

Brian Miller said...

the pics look like so much fun...hoping the health issues have passed though...living on a boat is like a dream to me...cant wait to hear what you've got for us...

Carol said...

Your correction of your attitude reminds me of an Alanon saying, 'pain is inevitable but suffering is optional'.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your backache, CC. Glad you have recovered. Has hubby recovered too?

Anonymous said...

very cool blog
tj

Marguerite said...

Glad your back is better, cher! Hope hubby is, too. Lovely post! Aloha!

SandyCarlson said...

Oh, that was fun and put everything in perspective.

I am glad you back is better, and I hope the husband is, too. You are great.

Kay said...

I'm glad your back is feeling better, Cloudia. Major decision?

Fireblossom said...

I absolutely love that Hawthorne quote!!!

Charles Gramlich said...

Sorry to hear about the hassles. I hope things will ease up quickly. You probably are dealing with it much better than I would.

Full-On-Forward said...

OMG-- I hate back pain--I hope you are OK---such a marvelous invention- but sooo fickle!

Pray you stay recovered! Great attitude and as always a post to lift me higher and make me smile!!!

You just do quality stuff young lady--quality quality stuff!!!

Thanks as always!

John

Cloudia said...

Thank
Y O U!

magiceye said...

good to know that all is well!!

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!

claude said...

I think my Chéri will love to leave on a boat.
Take care of your back and of your man.

claude said...

OUPS !
ALOHA, Cloudia !

Teresa said...

Glad to know your back pain is better. I really enjoy your blog.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Glad your back is better and I hope hubby gets better soon.
Keep on blogging!
<><

Lana Gramlich said...

I always enjoy all of the bright, beautiful colors in your posts. Thanks for that!