Saturday, October 16, 2010

Around Waikiki

ALOHA
 Greetings to

 Y O U!


click on photos for fullest effect
Memorial to Some of My Neighbors;
 I posted about them HERE last week.


"Light gives of itself freely,
 filling all available space.
  It does not seek anything in return;
 it asks not whether you are friend or foe.
  It gives of itself and is not thereby diminished."

  Michael Strassfeld





Local kid Throwing Shaka

"You can always amend a big plan,
 but you can never expand a little one.
 I don't believe in little plans."
Harry S. Truman








"The President is always abused.
 If he isn't, he isn't doing anything."
Harry S. Truman 


"They talk about me like a dog."
President Obama









“The glow of one warm thought

 is to me

 worth more than money.”

 Thomas Jefferson 


Thank You for YOUR kind visit
                                                                                        cloudia



16 comments:

Myrna R. said...

I've just caught up on your last few posts (have been away). Always, I enjoy your ray of sunshine.

Teresa said...

I love the light and shadow in your pictures today, and I love the message of your post!

Daliana Pacuraru said...

I like to come here!
Please have a wonderful Sunday!
Regards

Kay said...

Have a happy Sunday, Cloudia!

roughterrain crane said...

Always thanks for sharing thoughtful sayings.

Commander Zaius said...

“The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money.” Thomas Jefferson

Can't help but think things would be helped far more if more people followed that advice.

Akelamalu said...

Hope you're having a lovely weekend Cloudia. x

Charles Gramlich said...

That quote about light is very true, but I never really thought of it that way.

Marguerite said...

Love the TJ quote! Great pics,too! Have a splendid Sunday, cher! Aloha!

Pietro Brosio said...

Beautiful pictures, Cloudia! I find President Obama words so funny!
Happy Sunday!

Betty Manousos said...

Love that doggie!

Happy Sunday!

B xx
X

Carol said...

Like a DOG! Thanks for your comment, I feel betwixt & between these days, you are a steadying influence, my aloha mama . . .

Anonymous said...

The thought about light kept me awake after half past two in the night. Thank you.

Please have a good new week.

daily athens

Indrani said...

Great pictures.

the walking man said...

Keep the doors open that dog and that light ain't finished filling the available spaces yet.

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

The red plant contrasted with the background...excellent.

Have a very good week.