Friday, March 16, 2012

Cycles of Forgetting

A   L   O   H   A  !
I See My Light Come Shining (w by Bob Dylan on Grooveshark


"Click and Prosper"

 “ He judged the instant
 and let go; 
he flung himself loose 
into the stars. ”

  Annie Dillard














"The release date is just one day, 
but the record is forever.  "

Bruce Springsteen













"Flowers help us release,
 renew and rejoice.
They remind us
 of who we really are
 and let us
return
 to our state of beauty
 and freedom. "

 Darina Stoyanova




 







" It is not fitting,
 when one is in God's service, 
to have a gloomy face 
or a chilling look. "



                                                                 Francis of Assisi




  >< } } ( ° >





Knowing
is not
'doing it.'

Understanding
is not something
to be filed
away,
or displayed,
yellowing,
on a trophy wall.

Use it-
-or lose it. 

We all circle
through forgetting
and remembering
the things
that life has
taught us.

Cycles of Renewal
Seasons among which
we dance.

Take a moment.

What deep truth
of Your Own
have You filed away?

"Yeah, I know that."

Re-remember
now
your original insight.


Use the good silverware!


Another swirl
around the ballroom.

I love it when
You come here
and dance
with me.

                               Warmly, cloudia




22 comments:

the walking man said...

Again we speak in harmony at the same time.

Elephant's Child said...

Sorry Cloudia, I am remembering the joys in forgetting at the moment. I can reread murder mysteries (don't remember who died, much less who killed them) and in a little while I will be able to hide my own Easter eggs.

That said I do try and use my brain each day and I wholeheartedly agree that flowers enable us to rejoice.

Commander Zaius said...

Great post!

Full-On-Forward said...

I love it when you lead!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}


C--Is that a New Kitty Cat?

J

Tolga said...

i come and see your light shining..
have a nice weekend...lol

Tolga said...

i come and see your light shining..
have a nice weekend...lol

Daryl said...

and now Hall & Oates 'Dance with Me' is playing in my head

Lori Skoog said...

To The Thinker....

Use the good silverware. Love it. I try very hard to make the most of each day. To the fullest! You do the same. Yes, Tai Chi.

foongpc said...

Awesome quote from Bruce Springsteen : )

betty manousos said...

alohaaaa!!

Betty Manousos said...

thanks for the inspiration!

wishing a great weekend!

Hilary said...

Lovely post but I have to learn to read more carefully. You had me swirling in the bathroom. Not a pretty sight. ;)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I haven't forgotten Cloudia, I'm on to it!! Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

What I mostly remembered during yesterday, was that my son was at the same age as the young children I took pictures of and after a while I stopped doing it - replying that I can't remember him and them and 'change their places', and if only in mind.
Guess lost a few pic's to be sold though.
Might become part of my silverware.
Thank you for this exercise for the mind.
Please have you all a good new week.

daily athens photo

Kay said...

Deep truth? Sigh... I don't remember. It's really scary that I'm having so much trouble with word retrieval, much less great truths...

Sigh...

Dianne said...

that pup is adorable :)
and I love the plane in the rainbow sky

Louis la Vache said...

That first image is really marvelous!

Vagabonde said...

Nice photos with quotations that make one think. Warm greetings from the Deep South. VB

Rick said...

Enjoyed coming here again Cloudia and being gently assaulted by words of wisdom and caressed by lovely images.

Live life consciously - must remember that each morning.

Aloha !

Cloudia said...

This is GREAT! Thanks

RONW said...

Knowing is not 'doing it.'

that's right.

21 Wits said...

Aloha Cloudia,
We use our china everyday.