Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Your Abundance

Aloha, FRIEND!



Click on the photos, eh?
Anubis, Lady Liberty; Lady Liberty, meet Anubis
(courtesy, Seth Wenig, AP)




"There is nothing new under the sun,
but there are lots of old things we don't know,"
Ambrose Bierce




"Don't go on discussing
what a good person should be.
Just be one."

Marcus Aurelius




"A sheltered life
can be a daring life as well.
For all serious daring
starts from within."

Eudora Welty




Welcome to my office!


><>



In our culture we equate 'abundance' with finances.
But as I gain a broader understanding ,
truly begin to live, and to appreciate,
the abundance that is already in my own life,
the more I notice my attitudes about this changing.

I am starting to notice
and experience
all of my previously unappreciated abundance.
And it really has little
to do with money.


Instead of focusing on perceived 'lacks'
as we so often do
I have come to value,
and to celebrate,
the gifts that are already in my life.


GRATITUDE is bubbling up!

And living with gratitude
begins to change
attitudes and perceptions.


So that life blossoms into a gift,
no longer a problem to solve,
or a job to accomplish.


A L O H A, cloudia

24 comments:

Jingle said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/03/29/oh-my-the-snakeman-is-after-me-help-awards/

awards for poetry,
check it out!
enjoy!

Jingle said...

very impressive post,
love ocean views and more...
thank you for the timeless fun!

Jingle said...

I went to statue of liberty in New York city when I lived in Princeton,
you added some humor on it,
creative and fun!

Anonymous said...

ha! the dog's office, not yours! hello, Cloudia.

SandyCarlson said...

Well, I needed that this morning as I face a rascally principal over some misbehaving young ladies.

Life is a gift. It's all good. It's all learning. All we have to do is open our eyes and arms.

Unknown said...

Gratitude has changed my life, so I whole-heartedly agree with your words!

laughingwolf said...

exactly, no money can buy good friends or family :)

btw - tried befriending you in facebook again, message was i already sent the request... no reply

the walking man said...

Even a problem counts on the abundance side of the ledger for if there were no problems left to solve there would be no growth in understanding to add tot he abundance.

Hilary said...

Lovely sentiments and photos as always, Cloudia.

Kavita Saharia said...

Noticing previous unnoticed abundances...WOW...i loved it.Aloha Cloudia.

Rosaria Williams said...

Wise words on this rainy day.

Fireblossom said...

My soul sister Emily Dickinson would agree with you about the sheltered life.

Daryl said...

Your office mate looks as if you disturbed his nap time!

Mehmet Osman Çağlar said...

Hello from Ankara my dear friend!

David Cranmer said...

Love that Bierce quote. So true.

g-man said...

Cloudia...
Everything that you say or do is beautiful. What a marvelous human being you are...G

Sumandebray said...

Nice pictures.... particularly the office picture

who said...

dietrich deitrick
pump kin
E trick
68 ing courage a way
along came out sighter
knelt down be sighter
and liked at the mound
all gawd damned day

Heff said...

How relaxing.

I needed a break !

Teresa said...

Love the abundance that is budding and blossoming. The dog under the desk is priceless :)

lynda howells said...

liked your images and your words. lyndax

DeniseinVA said...

I was counting my blessings as I read your post. Good to do that and be grateful for the riches we have and I don't mean the coin kind.

Dinesh chandra said...

hi good office with good post.

Regards

Dinesh Chandra

Cloudia said...

Yeah, the dog's office...I don't have an office :)

Thanks for stopping by today!