Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Am Become. . .

Aloha
and Welcome to Waikiki!




“I think theres a little child in all of us
 and we all to often forget
 to let the child out to play.”
 Donna A. Favors 






Watching a Shadow-Show on da Wall


"To them, I said,
 the truth would be literally nothing
 but the shadows of the images
upon that wall."

Plato









Between classes: Manoa Elementary School


"Human felicity is produced
 not as much by great pieces of good fortune
 that seldom happen
 as by little advantages
 that occur every day."

Benjamin Franklin 


<°)}}><


><}}(°>


A thousand little hammers
(mallets really)
tap tap tapping
rarely pausing, tap,
tap, tap tap. . .

I would build of myself
something solid
something three-dimensional
but each tiny (some bigger)
tap
tap tap
only works me out thinner.


I am losing stolidity
finer and finer
reaching an ever-thinner edge
with tiny cracks forming
like feelers
transmitting both ways.


No longer a wall,
an island,
or exposed nerve,
 I now am resonant 
trembling with immediacy
received from every side.


I have produced no
statue,
no bracelet, no
coin.

But am become
as a
 cymbal sounding,
 echoing certain vibrations
trembling;

Yet I am earth-brass,
gold flesh hung on an axis,
sometimes spinning
smashing wildly-

When I am
      "worked."  cloudia

inspired by the brass workers of India


Thank YOU for visiting today!

14 comments:

Daryl said...

Um . the dog inside her dress? Totally weird.

Hilary said...

Now I understand that typical male comment "Look at those puppies!"

gabrielle said...

"Yet I am earth-brass"

love that line!

Marguerite said...

Lovely thoughts and pics. That first one made me smile! Aloha, cher!

KrippledWarrior said...

Good looking fish. you did a great job on them. But as for the poetry, it didn't have a motor bike. Or did it??? See my problem?

KrippledWarrior said...

And one more question. Does the top photo show you sporting new ink???

Myrna R. said...

I like your poem. Your thoughts are always poetic and wise.

xxx said...

I like the way you see the world around you and thank you for sharing it all.

x Robyn

PS... thank you for your very kind words on my blog too x

Fireblossom said...

Plato, I know him...he was a character in Beetle Bailey!

Rosaria Williams said...

Strong, beautiful words!

Cloudia said...

I want to publicy thank K Warrior for the cool fish!

No, not my pic, yes kinda wierd...puppies LOL...

thanx friends

Kavita Saharia said...

Right , puppies lol ! Your words remind me of a brass-village just few kms away from my house.
Aloha !

Windsmoke. said...

G' Day Fron Australia, Photo with the shadows on the wall is fantastic i like the shadow on the extreme right it looks very much like a horse on it's hind legs. You need to let the inner child out to play to keep you sane.

Cloudia said...

Wow Thanks