Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hawaii 5-O Actor James MacArthur Dead

He originated the role of Danno
on the classic Hawaii 5-O




His Mom was the famous actress Helen Hayes




"Actors cannot choose the manner in which they are born.
 Consequently, it is the one gesture in their lives
 completely devoid of self-consciousness."

Helen Hayes 



"I got into the acting business very young."

James MacArthur 









"Beating the drums for Hawaii is not hard to do...
 the place just grows on you."

James MacArthur

<> 



"Age is not important unless you're a cheese."

Helen Hayes 









Scott Caan, today's Danno


"Childhood is a short season."


 "There are five stages in the life of an actor:
 Who's Mary Astor?
 Get me Mary Astor.
 Get me a Mary Astor Type.
 Get me a young Mary Astor.
 Who's Mary Astor?"





 "When I see the road I've taken,
 I have to say that thanks to good luck,
 because without good luck one can do nothing,
 I've come out pretty well."

James MacArthur 


Aloha, James
Mahalo



27 comments:

moondustwriter said...

He was a talented guy thanks for the tribute
I Like the original Dano he actually looked like he could get the job done. Didnt know he was Helen Hays son


Moonie Smiles

Brian Miller said...

ha. love the five stages...smiles. i really need to check the show out...i used to watch the old one...

aloha from VA!

Feisty Crone said...

Thanks for posting this, Cloudia. I enjoyed him as Dannoon.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

sorry to hear he died - in his early 70s i think. Aloha James ...

Cloudia said...

Aloha, friendS!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! Love the age and cheese quote!

Hilary said...

Awww Dano booked it.

Akannie said...

Hullo,my dear Cloudia..

So good to drop in and see you today. I needed a Hawaiian vacation...xoxoxox

Teresa said...

Great post, Cloudia. Danno was the reason my grandmother loved Hawaii 5-0.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Very good quotes. Dano promoted Hawaii more than anyone else!

Windsmoke. said...

G' Day From Australia, I heard about the passing of James Mac Arthur on the 6.00am news this morning a very sad loss. I wondered at the time if James Mac Arthur filmed a cameo for the new Hawaii Five-O that would have been a fantastic tribute to him.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Hawaii 5-0 is one of the top movie in prime time TV slot when I was young ! Thanks for the tribute to a talented man !
My prayers are there !
Wong

Margaret Gosden said...

I often wondered what happened to Dano! What does he do now looking like he does in your later photo of him. Nor did I know he was the son of Helen Hays...
how interesting!

magiceye said...

नमस्ते /\ मुंबई से
अलोहा!

G-Man said...

Mary Astor was HOT!
She reminds me of You Cloudia!!

Nancy said...

RIP, James.

namaki said...

interesting post ... I like this Helen Hayes and her quotes ;-)

Reader Wil said...

I remember him from TV. He was only 73 when he died. Thank you for reminding him to us.Aloha, Cloudia!

the walking man said...

When I see the road I have taken i say "shit, it's only been this far, man I got a long way to go."

Mahalo sista

Daryl said...

May he rest in peace ...

Myrna R. said...

I used to watch the old Hawaii Five O. Sad to learn of James McArthur's death. Thanks for your post.

(Cloudia, No I didn't channel my last post. Wish I had that gift.)

Heff said...

Aloha, Democrats !! lol !

Akelamalu said...

Nice tribute Cloudia.

Ash said...

Love the Mary Astor quote :)

Friko said...

Golly, it's a long time ago that I watched Hawaii 5-0.
Aloha, James and Cloudia

Cloudia said...

Too bad he didn't get to appear on the new version of the show.

Me & Mary Astor? Cool!

Love you guys. Thanks :)

Junosmom said...

Part of my childhood gone.