Friday, October 1, 2010

Shimmy Shimmy

It's ALOHA Friday!

Welcome SKY Gazers

. . . Come in and Click on Today's Song:








Waikiki Sunset



"Every truth passes through three stages



before it is recognized.


In the first, it is ridiculed.


In the second, it is opposed.


In the third, it is regarded as self-evident."


Schopenhauer







"Little moments can have a feeling and a texture that is very real."


Ralph Fiennes






"Angels. . . help to hold the world together."


Marianne Williamson





><>


Don't you just love Friday?!




Mix in the first day of Magical October


and you have an intoxication!



Kona didn't suit me
being sunny most every day.



But when I discovered Oahu's
grey, rainy days of Autumn
I was happy as a duck,
listening to the raindrops

and enjoying the private pleasures
of coffee
and newspapers.
(remember newspapers?)



Then,
best of all,
the Sun bursts out!



And once again
Hawaiian skies are eloquent.



Hope you are enjoying
the texture of YOUR place. . . .



YOUR life.



That's my wish for you today;


Thank you for your kind visit. Do leave a comment :)

cloudia

23 comments:

Marguerite said...

Beautiful sunset and quotes! Have a happy weekend, cher! Aloha from Cajun country!

Cloudia said...

aloha to YOU, Cuz

Myrna R. said...

Cloudia, yes I am enjoying the textures of my days. And your posts add to them.

Thanks. Happy weekend.

SandyCarlson said...

A delightful post. I love the images and the words. The sky is stunning--and so is the graffito! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

Anonymous said...

You live in a fairy-tale. Thank you for sharing. Please have a wonderful weekend.


daily athens

Rosaria Williams said...

That first quote by Schopenhauer blew my mind. Then, you talked about the changing weather and how you welcomed it. Are you standing right behind me and reading my mind?

This is what they call telepathy, I think!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Love a rainy day curled up with a book, rain beating against the window. Dreamy.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

great post,
thanks for sharing,
have a fun weekend.

christopher said...

Wonderful quotes.

A very uplifting and refreshing post.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sunset - and words! October is a magical time of colour! Love it.

Hilary said...

I love the colours and warmth in this post.. so very YOU!

Windsmoke. said...

G' Day From Australia, We are in our second month of spring so the textures are improving, can't wait for summer but without the bush fires.

claude said...

Beautiful sky in Waikiki !
Interestings quotations.
Over here it has been a lot of rain since yesterday. A very sad sky of Autumn wirt wind.
ALOHA and have a good week-end, Cloudia !

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Beautiful quotes. I hope you get my e-mail.

Dianne said...

an especially wonderful set of quotes
I love the photo of the man running with the torch

Fireblossom said...

I had forgotten how much fun that song is! Love the quote about the three stages. :-)

Akelamalu said...

Hawaiian skies - beautiful!

Charles Gramlich said...

I believe taht quote about "truth" is absolutely true.

Charles Gramlich said...

I believe that quote about "truth" is absolutely true.

Cloudia said...

Thank you each for coming to the party :)

Betty Manousos said...

Such a lovely place for one to live in!

ALOHAA!!
B xx