Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Limbo

A L O H A!


"Nurture your mind
with Great Thoughts."

Disraeli







Malia Obama and her Dad get Shave Ice.
Imagine how that little kid feels to be so warmly embraced
by the First Daughter! It is spontaneous moments that show our
true nature.
 Photos of Obamas, Courtesy of SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty Images 












The Famous Smile,





We ALL eat our Shave Ice one slurp at a time :)





><}}(°>


                                                                                                      <°)}}><


><}}(°>                                                     <°)}}><   The time between Christmas & New Years is a sort of Limbo, neither 'here' nor 'there'

not quite this year - but not yet next year either.


I got lost in limbo.

That's my story (excuse) and I'm sticking to it!
  SORRY to be "un-posted" for so many days without explanation or excuse.

  We have not sunk,
though we are submerged in the mind-scatter that accompanies this 'special' time of year
and Vog for too many hazy, 'Kona' days.
Add in the rainy rain
and the husband home from work for an extra day. . .
What was I saying?


Sorry too for the Pineapple Express of moist, rain-to-snow weather we sent your way on the Continent :(

Tonight there will be a professional American football game played on a Tuesday night for the first time since 1942.
I suggest that you stare at that, or some equivalent mindless amusement (sorry football fans. Not really.)

I'm sure glad that you chose to look in on THIS
mindless amusement!

Just think of all the stranded travelers
who long to sit
hand in pants
relaxing at home!

Thanks for your dear visit!
How/What have YOU been up to?
Please tell me in your comment-

Now here's a little song to make it up to you. . .
 cloudia

38 comments:

Hilary said...

Never mindless - always amusing. And lest frequent posting is totally understandable. I enjoyed seeing those pres photos.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I've been in limbo too!
Loving your sunny pictures!
<><

Rosaria Williams said...

aH, THANKS! fOR THE LOVELY PICTURES, FOR THE SMILES SENT OUR WAY.

Joop Zand said...

Wow..... you did it.
well done to make pictures of your president.

greetings, Joop

Teresa said...

Great post, Cloudia. Do the Secret Service still wear black suits in Hawaii?

Anonymous said...

haha! I wrote about the Snobama today, also!

Charles Gramlich said...

An extra day off? gotta love that.

Windsmoke. said...

I feared the worse and though you had sunk to the bottom of the sea. Just love a political leader such as your president that enjoys the simple pleasures of life and mixing with the everyday people.

Out on the prairie said...

I almost forgot we are still in holiday mode until I see all the decorations all around.I wish I could have hugged some of the first family,they seem so relaxed.

Trotter said...

Great moments... but I wouldn't take that shave ice... ;))

David Cranmer said...

I like limbo as long as I have a keyboard to keep me company. I've been working on a new story called "Melanie" that will see the light of day next week.

Anonymous said...

Spend nearly the whole day playing with building bricks and me son; a rare day off, trying to finish the cover of the small book I plan as well. Indeed a time which seems to be without beginning or end.
Please have you all a wonderful time. Saw the pictures tonight on TV as well, thought of your island.

christopher said...

Been a long time since I've been to Hawaii...forgot about the Shave Ice.

And yes 'limbo' is a good way to describe this time of year. Though I think I prefer limbo to the endless reflection about the last 12 months.

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

They all have got a very good reason to smile haha. Our local TV showed Obama paying at the counter but only a short while in the news.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cloudia -- glad you got the "Limbo Lazies." It's good to do nothing and wander around. Thanks for the update. Stay afloat! DrumMajor

Commander Zaius said...

I'm always in a mental limbo of some sort so we are cool.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Beautiful skies in your country, our european friends are in white snow times ! cheers ...
Time for reflections of 2010...

Full-On-Forward said...

YOU can always make me smile! I can't believe I'm still up at 2:45 after shopping and returning stuff today! And I enjoyed it!

I enjoy you--so take of thyself! Stay afloat, and shave some ice!

Aloha from SC, and yes the Canadian Clipper AND Pineapple Express hit us!

But I'm still Blessed!

Mahalo for everything!

John

bichonpawz said...

We are ALL in limbo during this time of year Cloudia!! Although the weather looks a whole lot better there than it does here! And the Shaved Ice looks quite good too!! Hope you enjoyed your holiday!!! Hugs, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots. I do enjoy these limbo days of doing nothing...

BLOGitse said...

I really like this limbo time!
After a busy month in Finland I can now relax in Casa and have slow time before new year...
Let's enjoy rest of this year!

Akelamalu said...

Great pictures of a great family man. :)

the walking man said...

if the ship hasn't sunk yet then thar be life in the old girl for a time then arr matey.

Ileana said...

Your quotes, smiles and thoughts are always rich and encouraging. No limbo felt here. :)

Myrna R. said...

You express your limbo so well. I'm so deep in it, I hardly have words. The stillness of this time consumes me. That, I guess is a nice way of saying that I've been lethargic, reflective and essentially enproductive. But...I'm so okay with that.

Enjoy your limbo. It's real close to heaven.

s.m. said...

I wish you a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

claude said...

I should like very well to eat a shave ice with Barack. He has an irresistible smile.

Pooch Purple Reign said...

hello from canada
wishing i was in limbo there right now!!
we on the east coast are close to buried in white stuff!
enjoy your day
~laura

Anonymous said...

Hello from Bama!!!

Maude Lynn said...

We figured you were hanging with the President!

claude said...

I wish you HAPPY and healthy NEW YEAR, Cloudia !
ALOHA !

Anonymous said...

nice

Trotter said...

Hi Cloudia! Have a Happy and Successful New Year!! Wish you all the best!!
Horus and Sobek wait for you at Kom Ombo. Enjoy!

Carol said...

Wow lovely pictures wish you a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!!

Bitch said...

A very Happy New Year!!
Hugs from,
Monika

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from Bama!!! Have a great Hawaiian new year.

Commander Zaius said...

Whoa! One minute its 9:30pm and I drinking margaritas and the next its 7:33am. Talk about missing time, I believe I was abducted by tequila stealing aliens!

Happy New Year Cloudia!

Kay said...

Happy New Year, Cloudia. Lots of family time for me. I've been gone from visiting for a while too.