Friday, October 14, 2011

Critical Joy

A L O H A !

" The only currency I value
is the coin of the spirit.
That's very important in my life. "


Kinky Friedman





" There is no greater agony
than bearing an untold story
inside you. "

Maya Angelou












“ Everything has been figured out,
except how to live. ” 

Jean Paul Sartre



                                                  _=_
                        q(-_-)p     
                           '_) (_`        
                    

Henry David Thoreau famously wrote:

" Most men lead lives of quiet desperation- "

 

But did you know

that there is more

to that famous quote?





" -and go to the grave

with the song still in them. "





Song?
 
 
 
 


Without a song to sing,

without joy,

life itself

is mere futility.


Thank YOU for listening to my song. 
                          Please leave us a comment!  cloudia

27 comments:

Jeannie said...

It's true. Giving a voice to the song can be hard.

the walking man said...

I will live and when the other comes I will embrace it for then and there the story book can go back on the shelf complete and the song can fade away. It is a good thing to be forgotten. I after all may have erred in everything I have done.

Charles Gramlich said...

Well, there are a few more things besides how to live that haven't been figured out, but that is certainly high on the list.

Tracy Jo said...

I only recently found my voice. Once I did...my life changed...all for the good!

Lynn said...

I had never heard the rest of that Thoreau quote. Wow!

Freda said...

You give me hope to have a song. Thank you.

Sandy said...

Thoreau is one of my fav. Great quotes and photos. Nice weekend to you! =)

Daryl said...

That Thoreau sure knew had a way with words.

Yolanda said...

Love these quotes and your wonderful spirit. Have a wonderful weekend.

FilipBlog said...

Did you photoshop the the sky red. :-)

Greetings,
Filip

Cloudia said...

Well, I may have 'enhanced' the sky photo a wee bit . . .


thanks for visiting!

Windsmoke. said...

My life would be dreary without music and song :-).

Elephant's Child said...

You do capture the sky and growing things so well. Thank you.

21 Wits said...

It's also hard sometimes to tell the story that lives inside of us...great post...many thoughts touched here...

Cloudia said...

you are a big part of this party - EACH of YOU

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Cloudia, that fruit is interesting !

Maude Lynn said...

That first picture is just breathtaking!

Miriam said...

Beautiful words :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Cloudia said...

Mahalo :-)

SandyCarlson said...

Let's all stop doing what we're doing and sing!

What a post.

Makes me think of the Stairwell Choir. These are my favorite misfts who will make a racket coming up the stairs no matter how many times I tell them the baby's sleeping.

Life is good.

RONW said...

Heck, I had thought they kicked the band off the premises from Ala Moana shopping center.

Anonymous said...

And what a lovely song you sing! Great shots and quotes.

Pietro Brosio said...

Nice post, Cloudia!
Music is important in my life too.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh no it can't be true, surely Thoreau is wrong!!! That would be too sad Cloudia. Hope you are enjoying the weekend with a song in your heart!!

Betty Manousos said...

music is a common language..

i heart your blog!

alohaaaa!!

Anonymous said...

important info delivered simply,

susan j

Cloudia said...

thank you, love it :-)