Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Stages Ages Pages

A  L  O  H  A !
Three Ages


History was a subject in school
How things came to be as they are.

All too soon “Are” and “Is”
become “Was.”
History grows bigger
digesting you
and everything you hate
or love
with Change.

The role you play changes
well behaved student - push and shove
explorer planting flags in life and love,

Dancing with your special one
till tasks on the treadmill are never done.
Hopefully you’ll play again
in the gold afternoon of your shared sun
ignoring the retreating light
yet bursting to tears over geese in flight.

Look to the glowing embers
not the dark,
Pleasures and Remembers
render it much less stark.

And when I am
and when I do
among my greatest glories:
my history with you.

([])

Thank YOU
for being here!
Fondly, cloudia

26 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Thank you, Cloudia! Your blog is so special!

Out on the prairie said...

Very nice

Reader Wil said...

Thank you Cloudia! Without history no present.

Have a nice future!
Wil, ABCW Team.

Birdman said...

I never contemplated marriage AND then it happened. Been at it 40 years now. Huh?

Jenn Jilks said...

It is a lovely blog you create. Loving visiting.

Adam said...

History is the only subject with constant updates

Myrna R. said...

Beautiful poem. Life does have surprises.

Brian Miller said...

beautiful last line in this one...the history with them...we only get but a short time...and who we choose to spend it with says much of us....

aloha from va

Brian Miller said...

beautiful last line in this one...the history with them...we only get but a short time...and who we choose to spend it with says much of us....

aloha from va

21 Wits said...

Aloha dear Cloudia, thank you for such beloved words, and the emotions they please!

Charles Gramlich said...

I spent most of the summer writing about personal history.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Congratulations to the happy couple!
~

Intangible Hearts said...

Cloudia, that is wonderful. I love your poem!

Cloudia said...

Each of you is a shining gift in my morning for which I am grateful.

The "you" at poems end includes you, my dear friends.🌠😸

RedPat said...

Lovely words, Cloudia! And a perfect pic to go with them!

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you.

Ruby said...

these lines were so beautiful!!

William Kendall said...

Wonderfully said, Cloudia, and such a fine pic!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful poem! I enjoy my visits to your blog.. I hope your day is a happy one!

Cloudia said...

I super appreciate the reception you pals are giving my poem and photo!

Thanks

Teresa said...

Thanks for giving me things to ponder today. I enjoyed your poem.

Kay said...

Very beautiful, Cloudia. It's certainly made me think and feel.

Bob Bushell said...

Superb.

Betty Manousos said...

such a beautiful poem.
and congrats to the happy couple!
xoxo

Cloudia said...

I love my friends! Thanks!

FilipBlog said...

Stunning dress.

Greetings,
Filip