Wednesday, January 14, 2009

HUNA: Hidden Wisdom

" We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are." Tobias Wolf

"I know what I want to do with my life. I intend to do everything. . . Everything matters! . . . . I am alive . . . I am beautiful . . . .what else is there?" Susan Sontag, age 16






"I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it."

Jack Handey


"Huna" means "hidden." This is the wisdom behind appearances that the Hawaiian Kahuna developed over centuries of learning & practice. These principles are considered practical techniques, not mere symbols. Emerging ideas, such as "The Secret," are uncannily similar, don't you think?
The Seven Principles of Huna

IKE -The world is what you think it is.
KALA -There are no limits, everything is possible.
MAKIA - Energy flows where attention goes.
MANAWA - Now is the moment of power.
ALOHA - To love is to be happy with.
MANA - All power comes from within.
PONO - Effectiveness is the measure of truth.
Food for thought . . . A L O H A! Cloudia

16 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love these pieces of wisdom!

Reader Wil said...

Thank you for unveiling the wisdom behind the clouds and in the things we see.It's a beautiful post!

Bubblewench said...

That's really pretty cool.

Dave King said...

Intriguing...

Roan said...

Gorgeous sunset over the ocean.

The Grandpa said...

Ike and Kala. I can feel the energy between them. Aloha, Cloudia.

Charles Gramlich said...

"The world is what you think it is" sounds pretty scientific, but that second principle sort of sends a very different message.

Christine Gram said...

What beautiful reminders! Thanks for posting them.

Beautiful photos as well... it's nice to escape the cold gray for a few moments.

laughingwolf said...

beautiful :D

magiceye said...

huna was wonderful!
loved the beach pic very much!

Cloudia said...

GreyGal- Why thanks!

Reader Wil - thank you for your beautiful words, friend.

Hi, BubbleWench!!!!!

Dave King: I'm intriguing- YOU are the explicator extraordinaire!

B.J- Just for You, in trade for your cool blog shots!

Grandpa- No doubt your poet's ear finds the gems in raw words. Aloha.

Charles- Huna practicioners says that all of these principles are "tools" and that they achieve tangible results. so the apparent tension among/between them might be fertile ground to unearth raw data vis a vis our material existance. I need to rest my head now . . . ;-)

Strange Pilgrim- Mahalo (thank you) funny, I enjoy my visits to your blog in Italy. together we're all dynamite!

Laughing Wolf: Thank you sincerely. Wolves know beauty!

Magic Eye_ Thank you, Blog Bearer of the wisdom & beaches of great India. Namaste.
We are all dancing in Indra's Net.

SandyCarlson said...

I will keep these thoughts today. They are very wise. I see at work that energy follows attention. It's always a better day when I focus on the good the kids do!

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for stopping by, friend.

Anonymous said...

Great post - love the Huna wisdom! And that one sky in particular reminds me of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - "tangerine sky"

Barbara Martin said...

All the things a person who meditates and works with light already knows. The study of scientific matters leaves much unexplained.

Fida said...

Why do we need al those inspirational speakers if we have the wisdom of Huna?