Thursday, September 10, 2009

Exactually!

A L O H A
WEB TRAVELER
W E L C O M E !
click on photos to participate fully
Moiliili, Honolulu
"It was labor that helped build the largest middle class in history.
So, even if you're not a union member, every American owes
something to America's labor movement."
President Barack Obama

Is that Jerry Dromedary
of Dorothy Hamill-Camel?
"I believe there surely is such a thing as truth,
but who among us can claim a monopoly on it?"
Edward "Ted" Kennedy
1983

Too Cute Pooches

"Censorship is the height of vanity."
Martha Graham





Times are tough.
Scary winds of change are howling at gale force.
Old certainties are daily revealed to be less than. . . certain.
People are showing their true colors.
Some are not handling it well;
They are aiming their anger at
targets of questionable appropriateness.
For it's easier to shout a punchy slogan
than it is to consider
the complexities
that brought us
here.





For those whose values,
whose guidance,
comes from
within
these are exciting times.
For much needs changing
in our hearts
before society can change
for the better.





So keep your powder dry.
Don't fall for the easy con of blame.
Dare to believe
that cure, or Salvation
is a relief - a release;
Not a sweaty hike.
Be cunning, relaxed
and poised as a serpent
while harmless as a dove.
And like a cork
you'll dance the turbulent waters
till brilliant Dawn
takes away all but
delight
(be it in this ocean
or the next)





Ahoy my friends
Aloha.
The most powerful thing we can do
is to love one another
and forgive each ourselves.
Thus is restored
the kingdom
of our
longings.
A L O H A! Cloudia

20 comments:

the walking man said...

Personally I am waiting for the long promised end to this world. But if history is still going to be there for more generations to read, I will determine which side of that history I stand on not by which stock did best in an uneven playing field market but which ideation helped the most people in all the nations.

wenn said...

ya, love each other and forgive one another..

Daryl said...

Walking Man .. you should read Good Omen .. Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett

And Cloud .. love those two pups 'waiting, impatiently'

And of course all the fabulous quotes!

Charles Gramlich said...

Obama says some intelligent things. Too bad so many idiots won't listen

Teresa said...

Love the post! Thanks for the cheerful pep talk!

Fireblossom said...

Hi Cloudia, I am here by way of Daryl the Fashionista.

Ok, the idea of a Dorothy Hamil Camel is sending me off into giggle fits...

I love that last longer section. I was waiting to see what famous person it was a quote from, but apparently it's your own. I love the quiet wisdom there.

Pssssst, Daryl...I read "Good Omens" too. What a hoot!

Marguerite said...

Being an eternal optimist, I prefer to see the glass as half full. Think positive and positive things will come into your life, my dear Gal Pal! Have a great day! :)

Sandee said...

I want the two cute pooches. Just saying.

Off to the boat for a long weekend at the Pittsburg Seafood Festival.

Have a terrific rest of the week and have a fabulous weekend. Big hug. :)

Akelamalu said...

Love and forgiveness - sounds good to me Cloudia. :)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

The two chihuahuas look like my grandoggies!

The world is topsy turvy right now, to be sure. If this is a test I hope I pass. I hate tests.

Carol said...

Love, love, love. It's all about love.

Or the end of the world or something . . .

robert said...

After an 18 hour day arriving into this spiral is always of delight.
Just started to rain - what a brilliant gift, as I am madly in love with it - only hope that it will stop before creating an ocean again. All the very best for you !

Cloudia said...

These comments are the best part of blogging...for me ;-]

Thanks SO much!

Aloha

Carver said...

Great post! I liked this so much.

Anonymous said...

Puppies & proverbs.
What a mix!

Susan Berlien said...

Thanks for the Hawiian vacation. Beautiful photos! I stopped over from David's blog. Nice to "meet" you! :)

Cloudia said...

Thanks!

MMMMM, Chocolate Milk!

Rachel said...

I always wait to read your posts until my kids are in bed so I can internalize them. You are a good soul, kind and compassionate. We need people like you to help restore the good of humanity. Many Blessings, and thank you for being you ;)

Cloudia said...

Wow
thanks
*blush*

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Love and forgiveness are wonderful things.Two pooches...too cute!
<><