Thursday, January 7, 2010

Secret of Dr. OZ

ALOHA
Welcome to Thursday
in
Honolulu


click on photos to saturate your senses
The cruise ship is in!


"The mind I love must have wild places,
a tangled orchard where dark damsons drop in the heavy grass,
an overgrown little wood,
the chance of a snake or two,
a pool that nobody's fathomed the depth of,
and paths threaded with flowers
planted by the mind."
Katherine Mansfield




Holidays are nice, but isn't it a relief when the relatives have all gone home?




"We are only the beginning. I am only a beginner."
I was successful in digging up monuments
from the substrata of the mind.
But where I have discovered a few temples,
others may discover a continent."
Freud





Who? ME?!



"The little things? The little moments?
They aren't little."
Jon Kabat-Zinn


><> ><> <><



Dr. Mehmet Oz is an outstanding surgeon,
author, and medical professor,
whose communication skills and easy going presentation
make him arguably the most popular and influential health educator on the scene today.


On his popular daily TV show (where does he find the time? The energy?)
he engages the audience in an authentic and effective way
that never fails to give me some simple, practical ways
of supporting my health & well being.


Yesterday (Jan 6) he shared and demonstrated his "best" of
"Alternative" or rather "Integrative" medicine;
practices that his own family relies on.

The doctor's #1 tip of the day?
Try REIKI.


I have been a practitioner of REIKI for around two years.
Discovered and promulgated almost a hundred years ago in Japan by
Dr. Mikao Usui, and brought to Hawaii (as well as the rest of the world)
by Hawaii citizen Hawayo Takata, REIKI is hardly a "New Age" fad!


The US National Institutes of Health
consider it one form of "Energy Healing"
and investigation is underway.


Instead of purporting to move the recipient's bio-energies
as some other techniques do,
REIKI practioners (like me) balance their own energy
(as well as the energy of those they serve)
by gently placing our hands on certain positions of the body
and allowing the REIKI to flow.
It does so because of an "initiation" (opening up natural channels)
and some instruction
given us by a REIKI Master.



One needn't think or believe anything in particular
in order to recieve a REIKI treatment.
It is compatible with any faith, or no faith,
though Mrs. Takata oft called it "God Power" in her teaching.




Normal life depletes the body's natural energies.
Sleep replenishes us, so does REIKI -
and it is JUST as natural!
One's energy field is gently, yet powerfully
balanced and "re-filled"
which results in the reduction of pain,
anxiety, nausea, and other discomforts.


New practioners often report improved sleep and digestion.
(Me too!)
I have enjoyed some amazing insights as well!
When I told my trusted physician about my new practice
he told me the story of a concert pianist who suffered a stroke,
but was able to perform again "because of REIKI."
Those are my doctor's own words!
And YES, I do still go to the physician from time to time.


I often think of REIKI as a massage from the inside.
It feels good, my life (including certain health issues) has improved immeasurably, and it has twisted my mind into a
most pleasant pretzel.
How can this work? I wonder-
even as I experience results.



Sometimes the hands feel hot, or cold,
or as if they are vibrating subtly.
Sometimes nothing is felt but the results,
including a spectacular sense of well-being
which, incidentally, fuels much of the writing here at Da Spiral.





Many hospitals now integrate REIKI into patient services,
some even employ REIKI masters (sometimes the hospital chaplain) to supervise this service, and even to initiate interested staff!




Dr. Oz told us that his wife is a REIKI master,
and that she often treats him and their children.
"Do the hands feel warm?" He asked the audience member
receiving a brief treatment on stage.
When she answered affirmatively, he asked her what else she felt.
"My headache is going away." She answered.




Suddenly Dr. Oz' easy manner,
boundless energy,
and contagious attitude
made sense to me:



It's the REIKI!
The same practice that has improved my life,
and that of my family
isn't "fringe" any more after today.



So listen to your intuition.
If it is telling you to try REIKI
take it from me:
you have nothing to lose
and much to gain.




Recieving a treatment is nice.
But getting initiated
and practicing self-treatment regularly
will do more for you
than any apple-a-day ever will!


ALOHA, CLOUDIA


34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Cloudia, but I found that 1 session of Reiki did not help my shoulder pain at all. I felt I wasted my hour with this guy. Absolutely no relief.

The following week, I returned to my regular physical therapist and received massage therapy. It was much better.

claude said...

My right knee hurts me and I have a sciatic to the right too. Does Dr. Oz do something for me.
I wonderr where do you find allt these quotes,
Aloha, Cloudia !

Unknown said...

Aloha, I miss Hawaii so much. Your photos are a wonderful reminder of the beauty to be found.

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Hmmmm..honestly, I don't know much about the Reiki...need to read and surf the internet for this.

Great photos, as always. I have a friend who's looking for interesting quotes, I told her just to visit your blog and she will find lots of quotes here.

Have a nice day Cloudia. Salaam.

the walking man said...

I would never try to dispute the use of the existent energy as a force for healing. It will work according to the ability of the practitioner.



CLAUDE...For you I would HIGHLY recommend a lumbar MRI from L3-S1. You probably have a blown disc pressing against the right side sciatic nerve. Have a neurosurgeon look at the films NOT and orthopedic surgeon. Took me, 30 doctors & 7 years of increasing pain to find the right doctor to find the cause of the same symptoms.

Hilary said...

It sounds fascinating and worth looking into. It would be nice to say goodbye to headaches and insomnia.

Dr. Oz. I like the character. I like some of how he delivers information - the humour and all. But I really dislike how sensational the show is. It's fear based, and every episode gives us another unknown to fear - disguised in preventative care. I so wanted to like the show but I find it a great disappointment.

wenn said...

hvn't heard of it before. it sounds interesting.

BLOGitse said...

Reiki is very popular in Finland. Here in Egypt I don't know.
Aloha,
from Cairo! :)

http://BLOGitse.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Interesting observation of Dr Oz.

Charles Gramlich said...

That quote from Freud always makes me chuckle. Yeah, he uncovered temples in the mind about like Von Daniken uncovered evidence of alien's have built the pyramids.

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous post, darling!
Love all the quotes!

xoxox,
CC

Rosaria Williams said...

I'm sold. Where can one get info?

Friko said...

I wish Mansfield had lived to write more than she did, I love her (few) short stories and other writings.

Do remind me NEVER to go on a cruise one of these
gigantic cruise ships. Sheer Hell! Nowhere to escape to.

As for Reiki, I found it helpful when I had healing treatment as well as conventional treatment for cancer. It may not have healed my cancer but it certainly helped to calm my mind and left me feeling lighter in body too.

Aloha Cloudia

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I'm gonna check this out. I am still the Captain of my ship;)
Thanks C.

Akelamalu said...

Hooray for Reiki - you know I love it too. x

Akannie said...

Morning, Cloudia...

I am a big time Reiki fan...have seen it work wonders. How can it not??? It is love energy, pure and simple.

Great post, C. xoxoxox

Teresa said...

I haven't tried reiki, but I have tried qi gong and acupuncture and herbs and homeopathy and tai chi, all of which are energy healing methods. They all have done wonders for me as long as the practitioner truly can move his or her qi/chi/ki and is not just bluffing to get people's money. Mainland China has done all kinds of tests on qi gong masters and found that their palms heat up visibly on an infrared scan when they are giving qi. When they are releasing bad qi, the palms go colder than average on the scan. Very cool that you can do Reiki on yourself, Cloudia.

Daryl said...

the masseuse I use is a licensed acupuncturist and practices Reiki too .. he heals and he rejuvenates

Fireblossom said...

Oh sure. The pain, anxiety, nausea and other discomforts fade...and then the relatives come back!

(those are some extra-scary ones, too, Clouds!)

Anonymous said...

Hands - one reason why humans are intellligent.

Please have a wonderful Friday.

Reiki info said...

You can find some info about reiki and other spiritual healing methods here.

Cloudia said...

Thank you each!
Thanks Walking Man for sharing that advice too.
I'm so glad that you enjoy the quotes and verbal swoops that you find here.

Hillary's points about the show are valid too - thanks for sharing your view.

The REIKI Alliance is an international organization of REIKI Masters. If you google it, the site has a way to find a teacher in your country and area. Like anything else, the reputation of the practicioner or teacher, and how they make YOU feel, is what counts.
Like chicken soup: it couldn't hurt!

Carol said...

Just jotting a line to tell you that I'm mesmerized, yes mesmerized, thinking of you following that prowler home to his den. Prowling the prowler. You were such a 'Nancy Drew', I wanted to tell people about you today!

G-Man said...

I enjoy 'Herbal Therapy'...*wink*

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Cloudia, have been atoned to Reiki III but have not been practising it regularly. Maybe need to brush up again. Aloha

ChrisJ said...

Well, guess what! My husband was in Honolulu on Thursday -- just overnight, on his way to Micronesia. He'd stay longer if he could!

ChrisJ said...

Well, guess what! My husband was in Honolulu on Thursday -- just overnight, on his way to Micronesia. He'd stay longer if he could!

magiceye said...

good on you!

namaste /\
aloha!

Kay said...

We've got two cousins in their 80s who swear by Reiki. They had some serious conditions that they feel was aleviated because of Reiki. I thought it was interesting but after reading your post I'm really intrigued. Where did you go to learn it?

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!
I have a tattoo on my lower abdomen that is the Reiki symbol for "The Power To Heal".

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for that explanation of reiki. I have tried to understand it, and you have helped me to succeed!

I enjoyed all of this.

Unknown said...

You are fortunate to have a doctor who also believes in Reiki!

Junosmom said...

Hi Cloudia, again sorry for my absence. No computer time. I would love to have someone practice on my. I even have a massage table. When we get it out, light candles, William comes busting in, "me first, me first". His shirt is flying and he's on the table. Not very calming for me. I guess I'd have to go somewhere. KY isn't a hotbed of things like this.

Cloudia said...

Nice to see YOU!!