Friday, October 29, 2010

Political Ant Hill



"If you are seeking creative ideas,
 go out walking ...
 Angels whisper to a man (sic)
when he goes for a walk ..."

 RAYMOND INMON









 "To live is so startling
 it leaves little time for anything else." 

Emily Dickinson








"The longest journey
 is the journey inward ... "

DAG HAMMARSKJOLD


><}}(°>       <°)}}><


Researcher David Matsumoto at San Francisco State

University is studying facial expressions

and emotions.  His work is funded by the

Defense Department:

"Contempt...

is an emotion of moral superiority,

and disgust is an emotion of

contamination,

and people want to

eliminate a contaminated object.

When leaders of 

ideologically motivated groups

talk with a combination of
anger, contempt, and disgust,

they're showing their motivation

to eliminate others

by exhibiting their moral superiority.

This can lead directly to

genocide."

Think of this as you listen to politicians.


Whatever "values" they claim,

you may know them by their words

and actions.




"I'm heartbroken

by the mean tone enveloping

America."

Elton John




This has been a test,

If you discount the 
research

is it because it was conducted in

San Francisco?



By an Asian person?



Did you laugh at Elton John's comment

because he is a gay man? 



CNN Today-
  A school board district member in Arkansas who came under fire for an anti-gay post on a social networking site regrets the comments and will resign his seat, he told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Thursday.
"I'm sorry I've hurt people with my comments," Clint McCance, vice-president of the Midland School District in Pleasant Plains, Arkansas said. "I'm sorry I made those ignorant comments and hurt people on a broad spectrum."
McCance wrote on his personal Facebook page that he wanted gay people to commit suicide, according to The Advocate, a newspaper focusing on gay news.
McCance used the terms "queer" and "fag" repeatedly, promised to disown his own children if they are gay and stated that he enjoys "the fact that [gay people] give each other AIDS and die."
"I would never support suicide for any kids," he said. "I don't support bullying of any kids."
"I'd like to extend apologies to those families that have lost children, for all those children who feel that suicide is the only way out, especially for the five families who have already lost children," he said, referring to a rash of recent suicides by gay teens. "I brought more hurt on them... they didn't deserve that and I do feel genuinely bad for them."
I'm reaping what I've sown," he told CNN. "I've had a lot of hate speech thrown at me and my family on every level."

What are We Reaping, America?

The good news is
that is in YOUR power,
right now,
to repent ("turn back").

This does not mean
approving,
or agreeing,
with everything.

It means thinking before you speak.
Owning your motivation.
Accepting responsibility.

You don't know what is in the heart
of another person-

But you can be sure of one thing:

They DO have a heart
just like YOU.

Act like it;
Let's call it
"The Golden Rule"

           Thanks for your visit today, cloudia










32 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh Cloudia, how wise your words, how deep the sentiment! Yes, let's think about our values, and use them to promote peace and understanding.

Political season is war!

Betty Manousos said...

I linked to you today!

DeniseinVA said...

Can you hear me applauding this post all the way in Virginia Cloudia? The world needs to be more loving, more forgiving and much less intolerant. We would all be a whole lot better off.

Joop Zand said...

Hello Cloudia

Nice words and good pictures,
well done.

greetings, Joop

Daliana Pacuraru said...

Aloha and Hello from Romania!
Please have a wonderful weekend!

Couture Carrie said...

Indeed!
Hope everyone votes on Tuesday!

xoxox,
CC

HulaBuns said...

Cloudia - such an important message. Great post. Have a great weekend. :)

Travis Erwin said...

Rodney King was right Can't we all just get along?

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks, Cloudia. You said it so well. The research by Mr. Matsumoto about captures the reality on the streets of my little town every Saturday. Perhaps I should print your blog post and air lift it to the larger population.

Unknown said...

I just posted this to my fb page. Thanks for this, my friend.

Ciao,
Gina

Fireblossom said...

I wish that this post could be read by every person in America.

I don't understand where that kind of unreasoning hate comes from, but it seems to be everywhere lately. At it's core, as you've said, it is about not seeing others as fully human. I wouldn't make these comments about ANYone. Why has discourse in our country become so disrespectful and vile? It makes me sad, too.

Teresa said...

Thanks for this post today, Cloudia! I hope your ideas go viral.

Feisty Crone said...

This is a wonderful post, Cloudia. Brava!

bichonpawz said...

HUGE Applause to you Cloudia!!! HUGE!!!

Windsmoke. said...

G ' Day From Australia, We having a saying in Australia that Mr. Clint Mc Cance should abide by in future and that is "Please engage your brain before speaking". Once again fantastic photos.

magiceye said...

बहुत सुंदर चित्र और कहावते
सब बिलकुल सच

नमस्ते /\ मुंबई से
अलोहा!!

Indrani said...

Great pictures!
So well presented.
Namaste!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Who will hire that man, now??? He sealed his own coffin.

BLOGitse said...

Unfortunately there a lot of people who think like this.
In Finland a party leader said that marriage is only for a man and a woman not for gay couples. Over 30.000 people resigned parishes around the country.
Prejudice, fear, unknown, imagination are stronger than thinking.
Aloha from Casa!

Akelamalu said...

Clint McCance is a stupid, ignorant person!

the walking man said...

And get your ass off the couch and vote next Tuesday!

Betty Manousos said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Cloudia.

Wise thoughts!
ALOHA!
B xx

Land of shimp said...

Well I guess I passed the test because I didn't discount the research, I believe it to be entirely true and the only thing that makes me laugh about Elton John is remembering the sunglasses he used to wear :-)

You know, basically through the act of hating, we become that which we claim to despise. If we, as a country, say "I cannot stand those religious extremists, their violence towards us..." we are becoming religious extremists, contemplating violence.

We have a wonderful, diverse world, and hopefully we can just get back to celebrating our differences, and loving our neighbors without judgment...and we're the path to that :-) We can do it!

Also, Cloudia, that first picture is breathtaking! Just gorgeous. Paradise captured :-)

Myrna R. said...

Such wise thoughts and quotes. Thanky you. Enjoy the weekend!

Charles Gramlich said...

How could a human being say such things about another human being? I just don't get taht kind of hate.

Cloudia said...

You folks have brought a little bit of heaven here. Thank EACH of you!

Pietro Brosio said...

Another great post, Cloudia.

Kay said...

I am absolutely aghast that a school affiliated person would make such horrible, sick remarks. It is such a sickness. I do believe we have too many people in our country who seem to be consumed in hate for anybody who is different. Sigh...

I was at the Rally to Restore Sanity in Honolulu today. It'll be posted tomorrow morning. It was pleasant to be surrounded by sane, loving people.

Freda said...

All over the western world we are in danger of leaning towards intolerance spreading because of the words of prejudice, hatred and fear. Thank you for standing up against it. BTW I love the rainbow colours in the Emily Dickinson quote.

Cheryl Kohan said...

Well said. And I feel just the way Elton John feels. I really do.

Junosmom said...

I always think of each person, that at sometime, they were this little baby or child that someone held and looked at with love (or at least, I hope so). If we would treat each person as valued as much as that little baby, the world would be a kinder place.