Thursday, March 26, 2009

Choose Your Path

Click on photos to enlarge! Empty beach - Full sky


"The opposite of prosperity is not extinction."


Ian Parker






Undisturbed Morning, Waikiki


"Look deep, deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."
Albert Einstein



Blooming Aloe & Fuel


“When all's said and done, all roads lead to the same end. So it's not so much which road you take, as how you take it.”
Charles de Lint


While learning to ride a motorcycle, I was taught the importance of focus. "Where you look - is where you will go." When an obstruction or pothole appears in the road, the eye is drawn to it. But instead of fixing on it, the experienced rider looks at the road ahead, glancing along the clear path around.


Too often, we focus our energy & attentions on that which troubles or displeases us. The rule of attention attracts to us more of the same; We encounter about what we expect to.


In fact we are often oblivious to easy solutions, as we beat our heads bloody on the wall beside an unlocked door. . .


A L O H A! Cloudia





15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cloudia -- I missed putting an entry into yesterday's post. I'm glad you can breathe a fresher air about your Dad aging. It is a freeing moment, when you realize you did the best you could, or what he would permit, at various times over the years. Remember the good times. Even though you've been involved with Hospice folks before, please ask the Palliative Care or Hospice Nurse to check in with YOU, and also your folks. Having them at my elbow was a wonderful comfort during my Mom's coma. They'll help you "fight" anything within the medical system. You ARE able to keep him comfortable, oxygen, IVs, pain patches, just keep asking.
Your true spirit and aloha is on your side. Prayers for you and your folks. Aloha, DrumMajor

the walking man said...

"In fact we are often oblivious to easy solutions, as we beat our heads bloody on the wall beside an unlocked door. . ."

I had to laugh (cynically) when I read this. My neighbor locked her brother out the house after a drunken brawl inside early this morning. Of course he tried to get back in the front door, smashing glass and creating general havoc for the police to come and resolve. He never got back in and left the area before they could arrest him...but the whole time during his glass smashing, neighborhood waking, tirade the side door of the house was wide open.

SandyCarlson said...

Just what I needed this morning. I have a few tough classes at work, and I was up all night worrying about it. I will try expecting the best and see what happens! Thanks, friend.

Brother Tobias said...

Sound advice. (It reminds me of the Wilde quote; 'All of us are in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars").

The Weaver of Grass said...

Very true, Cloudia - my post today is along similar lines - hope you have time to read it.

Charles Gramlich said...

I remember that lesson, where you look is where you go.

Daryl said...

Its the glass half full thing ... what lovely photos ....

Reader Wil said...

Great philosophy!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm going to focus on that lovely palm-shadowed beach - maybe I'll end up there...?

Sepiru Chris said...

I very much like the Parker quote... what is the context in which it was given?

Akelamalu said...

Ah wise words m'dear, thankyou for the reminder. xx

Anonymous said...

I like the quote from Albert Einstein above.

Feisty Crone said...

I like the photo of the lifeguard's stand/shack/I forget what they call them.

I hope that Blogger is working now! Aloha, Cloudia!

magiceye said...

absolutely! well said!!

Barbara Martin said...

Very well said, and Albert Einstein has some of the most profound sayings.