Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Stupid Sphynx

A   L   O  H   A  !

When Im Gone by Phil Ochs on Grooveshark

Kindly CLICK on these photos that long to please You
 " Beauty is power;
A smile
is it's sword. "

Charles Reade

  














" One may smile,
and smile, 
and be a villain."

William Shakespeare
Hamlet











" Beauty is a manifestation of
secret natural laws,
 which otherwise
would have been hidden from us
 forever. "
 
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe 






   > < } } ( ° > 




Four legs in the morning? 
Three in afternoon?

Please!


We arise
like balloons,
excitedly at first.
Such hurry to leave
the Spring grass
behind.
 Middle heights buffet
with gusts
amid reaching, pointed
branches.

But still we rise.
Higher still
we see the whole country

until

the surface

becomes a distant land,

a place of

memories.






To and fro
into and out
of clouds

Still we expand
brittle in new cold
we leak our buoyancy

till

sooner

or later

  breath bursts

from it's rubber cocoon

  to revel anew

  in sky dance

falling

rising. . .

. . . goodbye.




Thank You for looking in
Your visit, Your comment
are most appreciated


                     Warmly, cloudia

27 comments:

Javier Guri said...

It's easy to smile with skies so precious.
Greetings.

Lynn said...

I love that Goethe quote and paused on it to read a second time.

Dave King said...

Fascinating quote from Goethe - which is almost a statement of my belief, which is that beauty is an echo of laws pertaining to the function of the brain.

Reader Wil said...

Great quotes, Cloudia! I love the comparison of balloons with life. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning! Did you go on a hot air balloon ride, or just poke your head out on the sky-high-lanai? Aloha, DrumMajor

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You do have a lovely way with words Cloudia, I love the quotes you choose for your images but I enjoy your own words even more.

Laura said...

gorgeous images and wow, this "until

the surface

becomes a distant land,

a place of

memories." ~divine!

Ruby said...

I love the first shot!

nanny said...

The first shot is breathtaking....esp enlarged!

Commander Zaius said...

Great post!

" One may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
William Shakespeare Hamlet


LOL!!!!!
I want to write more but I worked all night and I am just too tired.

Indrani said...

You correlate the pictures and quotes well. Lovely post.

Charles Gramlich said...

We rise like balloons is a great line. Very poetic.

Daryl said...

Always the perfect quote to go with the lovely photos

Myrna R. said...

I feel like I took a fun balloon ride.

Your blog is always so rich with beauty.

Full-On-Forward said...

C- Your almost water color appearing photo(s) captivate me- and the quotes only add to what you give us each day!!!

J

Goethe rocks!

21 Wits said...

Oh yes, I'm still lost in the memory of that first photo...stunning! Very deep on the four legs and 3 in the afternoon, and I recall 2 legs...I've heard that in another way (now you know I'll have to google it) I just love being reminded or learning new things every time I open your posts. Enjoy those blue skies and fluffy marshmallow clouds! :)

Amelia said...

Hi Cloudia, thanks for sharing the quotes and beautiful photos.Have a nice day.

Isherwood Wildwalker said...

As a new subscriber, I am going to really enjoy your posts on my morning work break :)

Elephant's Child said...

The Goethe quote won me over. And your skies. You do take wonderful photos of the sky. Thank you.

Windsmoke. said...

Smiles are free use one everyday :-).

Erika said...

I like the first picture and your quotes.
Ciao from Italy, cara amica Cloudia.
Erika

Anonymous said...

Great first quote - probably timeless and stronger than anything else.

Please have you all a wonderful Thursday.


daily athens photo

Ileana said...

Smiling at YOU, faraway friend!

Loving your quotes and pictures!

Cloudia said...

Thank YOU each SO much for this beautiful support that fills my heart with joy!!!!!

Fireblossom said...

Is this, like, a riddle or something?

Hehehehe, I couldn't resist!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Pretty Poem to go with your pretty pics!
Aloha!

Hattie said...

Always a pleasure to be here.