Thursday, March 8, 2012

Punk - Tuation

A  L  O  H  A !
Fine Teacher by Cloud Control on Grooveshark

" The mystery of life
 is not a problem
 to be solved
but a reality
 to be experienced. "

 Art Van Der Leeuw













 " And it shall come to pass,
 when I bring a cloud 
over the earth,
that the bow shall be seen
 in the cloud; "

 Genesis 9:14















" The soul of sweet delight, 
can never be defiled. "

William Blake










" Inside my empty bottle 
I was constructing a lighthouse
 while all the others 
were making ships.  "

Charles Simic 





 ><}>( ° >







A Period is basic.

And simple.

The end of one
idea.


The Question Mark
meanders around
before it finds it's way
down
to the root of things,
where it balances
on a ball-
like a seal-
And claps.





Exclamation Point:
when you throw a can of paint
across mother's floor,
it makes a shocking line
that points right
to the thrower:
you!

The look on mother's face
is the meaning
of the exclamation
point.

And she may point
 also.


Comma,
catch a breath.


And a Semi-Colon
is a comma
with a graduate degree.


This is the deep truth
that  I understand 
of these
 "marks."



The rules of grammar
 were written
to try and explain
the greatness
in the speech
 of talented people.


But it always gets away
from the rules-types
like lightening escapes
the jar they try to put it in.
'Exception that proves the rule'
my elbo!


I always understood
that I had that spark.

Like brown hair. 

Spoke and wrote
beautifully
just knowing
what would sound
and say it
best.


So I never bothered  
with the rules,
and still do not know them
today.


I am a writer
not a grammarian.


Aren't YOU
glad?!


Join us in comments and
'say what'

                        Fondly, cloudia


 

20 comments:

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

I like the "Period" ...

DeniseinVA said...

I've never heard of those rules before. I won't ever forget them now. Thank you Cloudia :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Yes I'm glad Cloudia. As you might have noticed I'm a great fan of the .....!! and the ' ' and even just the .....

Akelamalu said...

Clever rules Cloudia!

Charles Gramlich said...

I'd like a lighthouse right now. Some stillness and stability. I'd like that.

Ruby said...

I love the light house quote. And the rules :) Cheers, Ruby

Full-On-Forward said...

!,:;. = YOU----True Light my Sister! Your Light so shines before men/women--Thank You!

Hugs,

John

Gemel said...

Lovely as always ♥
A delight to visit♥

love love love

Maude Lynn said...

I'm very glad!

Jeannie said...

Beautiful shots as always

And pithy thoughts.

21 Wits said...

Yes, I am. :) When I use the ! I always remember one teacher who always said using it belittles our writing.

Drum roll please, and exquisite burst of sunlight pouring through cotton candy clouds.

Elephant's Child said...

Glad to have you just as you are.

Anonymous said...

What an excellent entry that is ! Thank you for this joy for the sense of thought.
Please have a good Friday you all.

Jenn Jilks said...

I always feel better after visiting you, sistah!
You are a beautiful person.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Great fun post!..:)JP

Cloudia said...

Isn't this jolly! Thank you SO much for making this all happen here!!!

Fireblossom said...

Well I'm sorry, but I'm all about rules! NOT. ;-)

Kavita Saharia said...

What a fun post :)
Aloha Cloudia.

Pietro Brosio said...

Beautiful post, Cloudia!
About period, I think colon is too rarely used, isn't it?...
Happy weekend :-)

Cloudia said...

thank you Grazie