Monday, March 5, 2012

the Shy Turt-Ocerous

A   L   O   H   A !

Presto in G Minor 1 after Bach (Brahms) by Béla Fleck on Grooveshark

 

" A little onward

lend thy guiding hand

 

 

 

 

 



To these dark steps,








a little further on.”

 

 John Milton 





" In a land of immigrants, 
one was not an alien
 but simply
 the latest arrival.  "

Rudolf Arnheim


 


  >< } } ( ° >


Fish school together
turtles swim
alone.

I must be
a turtle,

For following
an idle current
agrees with my
constitution:
finding, musing,
doubling back.

Yes,
I like to marinate
in Thick,
Rich, Creamy,
Velvety
Solitude.

Spiced librally
with great blog pals
and Alohas
in passing.

And were I
Wealthy
I'd wander
just the same. 


 'Even as the lion
 not trembling at noises, 
even as the wind 
not caught in a net, 
even as the lotus leaf 
untouched by the water,
 so do thou wander
 alone like the
 rhinoceros.'

 Buddha


<>


Rhinoceros!?

That's ME!


YOU?

                  Warmly, cloudia

27 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

Yeah, for the most part I am a turtle as well. If I swim with the rest of the fishes in a school I tend to miss all the good stuff that everyone passes by.

Joop Zand said...

Great shots with lovely colors....good work Cloudia

Akelamalu said...

WOW dramatic skies!

DeniseinVA said...

Your blog is a great way to start the morning Cloudia. Have a great day :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Well according to the Chinese 'thing' I'm a tiger, but honestly after all the goodies I've eaten today I would say a pig, but from tomorrow I will eat like a mouse!!

Jeannie said...

Definitely a turtle/rhinoceros.

The Weaver of Grass said...

How is it that you get such beautiful skies over there?

Daryl said...

such vibrant colors ... nice and warm

Teresa said...

Well, both the turtle (tortoise) and the rhinoceros are supposed to be mystical animals... so rock on Ms. turtocerous in your velvety blanket of solitude, rock on!

Myrna R. said...

I'm definitely a Rhino too. Love my solitude.

Anonymous said...

Amazing angelic, snow white hibiscus! I don't like crowds; 1-10 more additional people in my path is comfy. DrumMajor

Maude Lynn said...

Me, too!

Dianne said...

the dramatic skies are so beautiful

I think I'm a rhinocerous too :)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

The sky photos are fabulous!

Cloudia said...

*Bang* (Gavel)

Let's call this meeting
of the Turtle-Ocerous Society
to order!

Thanks dears

Elephant's Child said...

Oh a turtle/rhino here too. A day without solitude leaves me spent.

Fireblossom said...

I'm a rhinosterhorse, too!

(love that music)

Hilary said...

I think I tend to be an entirlely different critter. And Dragcatonfly.

SandyCarlson said...

I hear you, Cloudia! Blogging is the last thing I do in the day because it makes for such a lovely and peaceful close to all that has been done. The good guys are here.

Charles Gramlich said...

A title comes to me for those top pics. "Flight to adventure."

TALON said...

Gorgeous shots, Cloudia. What fabulous skies!

I love my solitude, too. It refreshes my spirit. :)

Pietro Brosio said...

Great contrasts in these wonderful views!

LadyFi said...

What blissful sky shots!

Leovi said...

I love that beautiful sky, the flowers are exquisite light and color. Greetings.

dr.antony said...

Beautiful pictures ! fascinating colors!
Turtles can fly ..have you seen that movie?

Bob Bushell said...

Again, beautiful sky.

Cloudia said...

SO appreciate your visits and comments! Thank YOU