Saturday, April 27, 2013

Presidents and Hobos


A  L  O  H  A !




" The soul knows 

what to do 

to heal itself. 

The challenge is 

to silence the mind. "

Caroline Myss






Kia Ora, (Hello / Aloha) Maori Man



" I just want to go through 

Central Park

 and watch folks passing by. 

Spend the whole day 

watching people.

 I miss that. "

President, Barack Obama

(Of course, Waikiki is where he honed

his people watching.

His grandpa brought him 

to the beach often. 

My mom saw Senator Obama 

walking unrecognized 

in Waikiki before he 

decided to run for President. . . . )










" I know the police cause you trouble 

They cause trouble everywhere 

But when you die and go to heaven 

You find no policeman there ” 

― Woody Guthrie
Hobos Lullaby






















“ And above all,

 watch with glittering eyes 

the whole world around you

 because the greatest secrets

are always hidden

 in the most unlikely places.

 Those who 

don't believe 


in magic 



will never find it. ”

                    Roald Dahl







Thanks my Friend!

This site welcomes you

gratefully

               cloudia




21 comments:

Dave King said...

That's one helluva quote from Caroline Myss.

Anita said...

Hihih..What a nice post Cloudia:-)
I love it:-) :-) :-)
Sorry about my blogging but i try to do some from my phone.Its not anything good.But qe are alive and kicking:-) :-) :-)
Thanx beautiful Cloudia for your comment:-) :-)

Brian Miller said...

smiles...truly magical blend of quotes and pics...i have a great love of people myself...and love to watch them and be engaged in society...

aloha from va

Couture Carrie said...

Awesome post, darling!
I love people-watching in Central Park ;)

xoxox,
CC

PerthDailyPhoto said...

People watching in Central Park..wow what would that be like I wonder. Hope you're having a fab weekend Cloudia.

TexWisGirl said...

i cannot imagine the life of a president or a well-known celebrity. give me my plain, quiet life any day.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo, a sexy, sultry sunset, and the Maori man to go with it! So, the cops in Heaven must have a different job. Are we supposed to call the number on the blue bucket? Is that the pot of gold at the end of your many rainbows? Have a jolly day, you made me laugh! DrumMajor

Cloudia said...

Glad you came, saw, enjoyed :-)



Thanks!

Filip and Kristel said...

Like the Maori man. Special. If I would do this at work I get fired. :-)

Greetings,
Filip

Erika said...

Your quotes are always real, dear Cloudia. Wish you a nice Sunday!Kisses (=baci)from Italy =dall'Italia
Erika

Friko said...

I love that last photo with the blue bucket. The sunlight makes it luminous.

Ileana said...

Beautiful quotes, and I especially like the last one. Lots of love and good wishes for you! Cheers from Miami!

Fireblossom said...

...and those who do, find it everywhere!

kaykuala said...

The quotes set one thinking. Not many allow themselves time to think. Thanks for sharing, Cloudia!. And the pics are great as always!

Hank

Cloudia said...

Jolly JOLLY Friends!



thanks EACH of You :)

Anonymous said...

What lovely shots of your world. And wonderful quotes too.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

You are getting good at street scenes !

Elephant's Child said...

You capture magic everyday. Thank you.

21 Wits said...

Wow, that is cool about your mother! I also, would enjoy spending about a week to really cover all of Central Park, what a great time that would be. Some (not too far away) day, I already have those wheels set in motion!

Cloudia said...

Thanks, you dears, for visiting us!

Sweet comments - I love them

Unknown said...

my only job ... Do not disturb the soul to follow own path ...
thank you for your spirit! Thanks to you I'm closer to the my spiritual home on Hawaii ...
Agnieszka