Monday, October 26, 2015

Happy? Who Cares?

A  L  O  H  A !

We put a lot of emphasis
on feeling good.
"I just want my
children to be happy"
we say.








We avoid bad feeling,
chase good feelings,
but feelings come and go
like weather any way.












We can create conditions
for happiness, and avoid
what brings us down,
but 99.99% of humans are
NOT happy all the time.

I was thinking:
"so what?"

Worrying about happiness
seems like a huge waste
of time, as well as an
internal contradiction.

Perhaps we are happiest
when we are NOT thinking
about it at all!

Gratified sociopaths are happy.

We who care, are often unhappy
about something that is wrong.
And so we try to fix it.
That's some productive
unhappiness!

Maybe our feelings
are not as important
as our choices.
Get them right,
and happy tends
to result.

I choose to be happy;
but not worry too much
when I'm not.
I'm adopting a 
So What attitude.

I hope you feel good today.
But if you are mourning,
I will cry with you.
Supporting a friend
makes me happy.
Such a contradictory life!


(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 
Thank YOU -
Your Comments
ALWAYS make me
H A P P Y!
                                       cloudia



25 comments:

MadSnapper said...

beautiful photos, that rainbow is fantastic. and comforting others makes me happy to. I update the post of the MadNappers with your words in comment. changed it to MadSnappers, Mad-Napper Tutorial. thanks for the idea.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Well expressed, Cloudia! Being happy is often a by-product of life, not a conscious goal. Sometimes I think, retrospectively, that I felt good being there or doing that. Reading Comfort Spiral makes me happy! Your blog is a way of helping getting centered; sometimes a source of optimism. Pessimism is a morass, quicksand!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Cloudia, this is so true. I think worrying about anything will keep away the happiness.
Your post are always uplifting and thoughtful. Thanks for sharing the lovely images and words.
Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

J'adore this post Cloudia. Such a sad time in our family right now but I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

EG CameraGirl said...

For sure chasing after happiness is not fruitful. But we humans are not fast learners!

RedPat said...

Thank you, Cloudia! ;-)

Charles Gramlich said...

Happiness is having your health.

21 Wits said...

Aloha Cloudia, I care! Wonderful words, and uplifting. Every single time those little sad thoughts creep up- we must think how better we'll feel dwelling on happy!

Indrani said...

Nice post, a great read. I try not to search for happiness.

DeniseinVA said...

If we were happy all the time how would we understand the true meaning of happiness? Great post Cloudia.

Cloudia said...

Thanks each of you for these significant comments that touch me

Elephant's Child said...

Happiness is one part of the rich kaleidescope which makes up life. Not the whole, and nor should it be. A welcome snippet to be savoured, but not clutched.

Reader Wil said...

From time to time we need people like you who write modern psalms!
Wil, ABCW Team

William Kendall said...

Very wise, Grace!

TexWisGirl said...

sometimes you have to let the sadness out, let the tears flow, in order to regain composure and joy.

Hilary said...

Part of being happy is choosing who to surround ourselves with.. in real life.. and online. When I come here (and to many other of my bloggie people), I know I've chosen wisely.

Teresa said...

There is a class on Coursera called Buddhism and Modern Psychology that discusses this paradox in the first lesson. It's free on demand now...

Small Kucing said...

sometimes a little bit of sadness will make us stronger. Too much happiness, we wont "feel"it after some time

Cloudia said...

Gosh! Thanks so much for your thoughtful and kind comments

Linda said...

Beautiful pictures! I agree that it is pointless to worry about being happy.

Anonymous said...

Love that rainbow! And yes, so true - about our choices being more important than our happiness.

Halcyon said...

True words!

Cloudia said...

Thanks pals

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Yeah, I agree, no need to obsess. It would be like that phone commercial of a while back. But, instead of "Can you me hear me now?" it would be "Am I happy now?"

magiceye said...

A visit here makes me happy! :) Peace

Namaste /\ from Mumbai
Aloha!!