Monday, May 3, 2021

The Best Mentor

A L O H A From Honolulu!
When young,

older people look

like wrecks.

When mature,

younger people look

half baked.









For years I have noticed

that "what to wear"

"what to eat" "what NOT

to say" have all regularly

popped unbidden

into my head.







So I began to go

with the outfit

that popped into

my mind.

That became a habit.







Then I began applying it

to other things. In other

words, I started to heed

the suggestions

that seemed to

present themselves.


It occurs to me

that all my prudence

and foresight

have produced as much

trouble for me,

as successes.


Every major New

Direction, has been made

[when examined closely]

by persistent "hunch"

hunches that keep repeating

and finding complementary

echoes seemingly everywhere.






Perhaps, angels are always

speaking, directing, aiding.

Be alert. Be aware

of what presents

to your fascination

unbidden.

Such lies the way

to your best

and your bliss.




Of course, we all know 

from cartoons that 

we each have a devil, 

as well as an angel. 

That's why we have two shoulders. 

[And for wings later].

It comes to choice. 

What am I choosing 

over and over again,

and where does that lead? 

Which self do I feed? 

Is that the person

that I WANT to be? 

Choices. 

We are all free 

to make new ones!


৫৬৫৬৫৬৫৬৫ফ
Lovingly,
  Pixie & Cloudia

Linking To

15 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

An interesting variation on a story which struck home to me some years ago.
A grandfather tells his grandson that he has two wolves inside him. One is a kind wolf, and the other mean and nasty. They are fighting constantly.
Which one wins Grandpa?
The one I feed.

Cloudia said...

Ah! Perfect!

Stewart M said...

We have all been given a degree of freedom to do as we see fit - its just a shame that so many seem to abuse that privilege.

Well, that's how it feels.

Hope all is well - Stewart M - Melbourne

Mike said...

You have "what NOT to say" pop into your head. You lucky duck you.

William Kendall said...

That angel is a show stopper.

RedPat said...

Fabulous post, Cloudia!

Sami said...

That mural is very colourful and looks gigantic!
Thanks for contributing to Monday Murals Cloudia.

Sandee said...

Well said. Life is full of choices and I'm happy I've made most of the correctly. I've missed a few, but they have made me what I am today.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches to Pixie. ♥

PerthDailyPhoto said...

There's a lot to be said about a good 'hunch' mon amie 💜

ellie said...

Sweet post! & also the cat is wonderful. Thank you for your wisdom and words!

Teresa said...

This post was so fun. I love the picture of your "furry angel" Pixie getting ready to hop onto one of your shoulders!

Karen C. said...

A beautiful post & so true.

Cloudia said...

Thanks so much.

Michelle said...

Love this post and it is so true!!

21 Wits said...

Aloha sweet Cloudia and Pixie, your quotes and words of wisdom so comforting for me, and these photos are beautiful snaps of all that surrounds your day. Such a beautiful day it was, not so sunny here our temps are still in the 50's on this happy Wednesday!