Sunday, March 3, 2024

Tower Morning Flower

 A L O H A From Honolulu!
O silhouette,
you steely spire,
The sun ignites,
sets clouds afire.
To churn above
in vibrant dance,
Promise another joyous chance.

Let darkness depart,
and worries take flight,
Embrace the new day
in spirits so bright.

With light
as your guide,
and hope
as your trend
May today
be a journey
that blesses
you, friend.




In the early morning frame
with a camera in my hand,
these streets are my domain
and my pockets full of sand.
[With apologies to Gordon Lightfoot]




Cucumis metuliferus, commonly called the African horned cucumber, horned melon, spiked melon, jelly melon, or kiwano, is an annual vine in the cucumber and melon family Cucurbitaceae. Its fruit has horn-like spines, hence the name "horned melon". The ripe fruit has orange skin and lime-green, jelly-like flesh. C. metuliferus is native to Southern Africa.


The sky is not my limit,
I am. T.F. Hodge




If you don’t learn constantly,
you don’t grow and you will wither.
Too many people wither on the vine.
Sure, it gets a little harder
as you get older, but new
experiences and new challenges
keep it fresh.
Iris Apfel


࿊-࿋-࿌ 

Love You,
Pixie & Cloudia

Linking To

Monday Murals




19 comments:

Teresa said...

What do horned melons taste like? Is Pixie testing the limits of where she can hide, or is she hiding from the spiky horns of those melons? Love your ode to the tall building.

roentare said...

That saxophone mural is very cultural

Cloudia said...

Jolly thanks you both!
I was too intimidated to try the horned melon

Andrew said...

The garden in the second photo looks so lush.
The mural is great.

eileeninmd said...

Love the sky images and the mural!
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

Tom said...

...thanks for some Gordon.

RedPat said...

I will be singing along with Gordon in my head all day - a nice thing. Your words and the quotes you find always speak to me, Cloudia. ;-)

William Kendall said...

Pixie decides a nap is in order.

Anvilcloud said...

It's good to maintain your skills and even to learn new ones. Also nice to hear a bit of Lightfoot.

Lydia C. Lee said...

I love the rainbow in the mural! And the Iris quote. I loved her. Great attitude #MuralMonday

Cloudia said...

Oh thanks so much each of you! Aloha

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Loved your paraphrasing of the Gordon Lightfoot song. Beautiful!
Blessings!

Mae Travels said...

The jazz mural is neat. I’ve seen art works that are similar in museums.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

magiceye said...

Beautiful captures and interesting captions.

Mike said...

With a banana for scale.

Cloudia said...

I think the banana looks a bit intimidated frankly. Thanks friends it means the world to see you here. I love your comments

Kay said...

Thank you for the song, Cloudia. I haven't heard that song in such a long time. You made me smile.

Sami said...

I'd never seen or heard about the horned melon, very interesting.
Pixie looks so cute :)
The mural of the saxophone player is very nice. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Cloudia.

Bertiebo said...

What a beautiful mural you show. So delicate and so colorful. Thanks