Friday, January 27, 2012

Crepuscular Night Ramble 夏威夷檀香山日晚

A L O H A 

Chinatown by Youngblood Brass Band on Grooveshark


" There is only one day left,
always starting over:
it is given to us at dawn
and taken away from us 
at dusk.  "

                                        Jean-Paul Sartre





















 “Older people make more use 
of higher-order reasoning schemes
 that emphasize the need for
multiple perspectives,
allow for compromise,
and recognize the limits
of knowledge.” 

  Richard E. Nisbett, &  Igor Grossmannon
cognitive psychologists, 
University of Michigan









" Everything that we see
is a shadow cast
by that
which we 
do not 
see. "

Martin Luther King Jr












“Whom 

but a dusk misfeatured messenger, 

No other than the angel

of this life,

Whose care is lest men see 

too much

at once.”

 

 Robert Browning








         
     




"It takes an intelligent ear to listen to Jazz." - Art Blakey
“这需要一个智能耳朵爵士乐。 - 艺术Blakey



 "One of the things I like
about jazz, 
kid,
is I don't know 
what's going to happen next.
 Do you?" 

Bix Beiderbecke
 




" Jazz washes away
the dust 
of every day life. "

    Art Blakey





   > < } } ( ° >

      
I love blogging
like a 
 Moving Finger:

" The Moving Finger writes;
 and, having writ,
 Moves on:
 nor all your Piety
 nor Wit
 Shall lure it back 
to cancel half a Line,
 Nor all your Tears 
wash out a Word of it. "




 Omar Khayyam
 
 
 
 

  > < } } ( ° >
      




Walking 
is where my ideas come from;
 
Snapping pictures I see,
 
bubbling up
 ideas to share
with YOU.

Today, 
I lost the little case
I keep my camera in.
 
It dawned on me:

"This is a part of life,
small problems
are part of life,
and therefore:
Quite 
WONDERFUL !


None of us has a
contract
guaranteeing us
another day,
another
breath.
So why waste time,
and hamper
Joy
by crying over
spilled
camera cases?


What makes blogging so great?

Y  O  U !

Thanks for being my friend.
Warmly, cloudia 



My fave Cab Calloway
said what I feel
about this blog party
of ours 
pretty well:

 "My audience was my life. 
What I did
and how I did it, 
was all for my audience." 

Cab Calloway




Kicking the Gong Around by Cab Calloway on Grooveshark



25 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

"It takes an intelligent ear to listen to Jazz." - Art Blakey

Nothing better to relax too after a tough day.

Elephant's Child said...

My time in the blogosphere has introduced me to wonderful people and places that I would never have known without it.
Thank you for another of the blogs which perfectly exemplifies the beauty of the blogosphere.

Akelamalu said...

Great quotes today Cloudia. x

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Cloudia! My, what a big shadow the little leaf creates. I would have thought your camera was attached to your body directly, like maybe through a navel ring! Try Radio Shack or Wal-Mart for a new case. Keep cruisin'. DrumMajor

Dave King said...

Some wonderful quotes here. Enough to last a week or two! I was particularly taken by the first three and by those pertaining to jazz. Thanks for them all.

Anonymous said...

For me, writing is a form of self-expression. An audience is nice, but not necessary. It's like playing the violin. I could play it in splendid solitude.

The Weaver of Grass said...

A friend used to have a saying Cloudia, which I recalled when reading the bit from Omar Khyam - Three things never return - the spent arrow, the lost opportunity and the spoken word.

Charles Gramlich said...

Crepuscular. Such a lovely word, and not one you see often. Thanks for bringing it back

PerthDailyPhoto said...

See this is what I love about blogging, you get to learn new words every day..crepuscular, pertaining to twilight, nice I like it and can't wait to use it!! Also a far as jazz goes, yeh who doesn't love a bit of 'scatting'. Great post Cloudia.

21 Wits said...

Aloha Cloudia! I was hoping to catch some wisdom from you before I set off on my long day.....Martin's quote will haunt me all day, but carry me through as it should be... and that little lost camera case, perhaps needed to linger else where, or thought you needed to trail back and find it...like the jazz quote makes perfect sense ....and surprises make life so interesting sometimes right?! Enjoy your day, and yes! we have a weekend coming!!!!

Reanaclaire said...

Hello Cloudia.. coming by to visit.. another great post with beautiful meaningful quotes..
Have a nice weekend..

Teresa said...

Great post, Cloudia. Love the neon green hula dancer!

Full-On-Forward said...

Bob Fosse didn't have ALL THAT JAZZ_ but YOU sure do!!!

Hugs and Love,

J

Hilary said...

So many things we see, hear, think are blogworthy. That's only part of what makes it fun. The other part is knowing it's reached and touched someone. As yours always does. Love that leaf shadow.

Myrna R. said...

Thank you so much Cloudia. I love being part of your audience. My honor.

Lynn said...

I like that word Crepuscular. :) It is like a blog party. Love that thought.

Kay said...

I read in another blog that you shouldn't cry over losing someone, but rejoice that you knew them. You are an example of this. This is a good reminder to everyone that we should just enjoy what we have.

Daryl said...

love the Bix quote .. Toonman was formerly an actor and he played Bix's father in an movie made about his life, Bix's life, a number of years ago .. it was produced/directed by an Italian and I dont believe it was released here in this country .. the title? A clever one .. BIX

ayala said...

True...life is too short to sweat the small stuff and the blogosphere has been an amazing place to connect with some wonderful people like you.

Gemel said...

Delightful as always.

Much ♥ and harmony to you...

LadyFi said...

What lovely shots and thoughts. Attitude is everything!

Cloudia said...

Bix- cool!


thanks so much for sharing here

Joop Zand said...

Good quotes.....and nice shots Cloudia.

Greetings and a nice weekend,

Joop

Betty Manousos said...

you rock!
we will definitely have to meet sometime.

great quotes and photos as usual.

alohaa!

Cloudia said...

I would LOVE that!


Thanks so much