Saturday, May 16, 2009

Two Incidents

Aloha & Welcome!
click on photos to enlarge Dum Dee Dum. . . . Another perfect Hawaii day!
"I like life. It's something to do."
Ronnie Shakes


What's this?


“All our best men are laughed at in this nightmare land.”
Jack Kerouac

Y i k e s!!!!!!!!


“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?”
John Lennon

Incident #2:

A father and his 5 year old son have just completed their business in a shop.
The boy has a quarter that he is avidly playing with.
"I'll give you a dollar for that quarter." The shopman says.
The boy runs over to his father yelling:
"No! My quarter!"
His father points out:
"That's a good deal, son."
The boy runs back to the man exclaiming loudly:
"I'll TAKE the deal!!"
A L O H A! Cloudia

18 comments:

claude said...

Dear Cloudia
my last two post are very long in french. On wednesday after noon and on the evening I had not I wanted to iron. I could not use my vacuum cleaner. No TV No computer.
And with my husband we had a particular evening.
Ahola, Cloudia !

♥ Braja said...

I don't know what that thing is but he/she looks like they'd be fun for a short time, at least :)

SandyCarlson said...

I agree with John Lennon! It's all true.

The story of the boy with the quarter is a great parable about what we value and how we perceive value and who influences our values. Fun story.

The dude in the road doesn't look very comfortable!

Roan said...

I would hate to have bumped into that thing in the dark. Lovely blue sky shot!

Anonymous said...

Your cloud photos are always stunning.

Looks like the scary guy could use an eyebrow wax. ;)

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH! I think I actually just peed a little!

Wil Harrison.com

Akelamalu said...

The story about the boy and the dollar made me laugh Cloudia.

Just last week, Kai, our 5 year old grandson was collecting his sponsor money from us for a goal scoring competition. He's collected £6 in £1 coins. Grandad then offered to swap his £6 for a £10 note. Everyone told him what a great deal that was so he swapped. However, we could tell he thought he'd been cheated somehow by the way he kept looking at the note and then longingly at the coins!! :)

Feisty Crone said...

That's the Wicked Witch, melted, after Dorothy threw the bucket of water on her.

Deborah Godin said...

Trust John Lennon to come up with such a great point of view!

Anonymous said...

kids do funny stuff. i love yer photos!!

Anonymous said...

Scary!

Anonymous said...

That is a bad joke costume that made for a fascinating post. I just got here from Musings and Kay's broken foot. That was sorta funny too.

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Jenn Jilks said...

Cloudia, I look at the image of your book and instantly I feel calm, cool, protected and loved! Marvellous book.

Unknown said...

Very cool post and blog. I love the John Lennon quote. He had an irreverent way of looking at things; a quality I value.

magiceye said...

big deal!!!


lovely!

Anonymous said...

So Gran must be from Kansas...that's what I thought too--of course, it's the melted witch from the Wizard of Oz. Maybe the tornado blew her to Hawaii! Kansas does have more than Toto (he ran off) and Dorothy with the red sequined shoes. It was definitely windier than usual today. DrumMajor

Cloudia said...

You folks are the GREATEST!!!
Aloha, dears ;-)