Friday, July 31, 2009

Immaturity Unlimited - All Aboard!

Aloha Playmates!


Welcome to the ALL LEGO Post


Click on Photos to Return to Childhood.
I always wanted a Medieval Market Village!

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.”
Plato

OOOOOO! Only $109 USD !


“I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.”
Leo F. Buscaglia



Miniature Village People!

"Macho Macho Toys. . . .I Wanna Play with Macho Toys."





See the reflection of my giant camera & hands?

“Play is the only way the highest intelligence of humankind can unfold.”
Joseph Chilton




Giant Camera Hands Looming Over the Casting Call


“You can't have everything. Where would you put it?”
Stephen Wright







Arg! $109 USD again! The Pirate Ship comes Separately


It is better to play than do nothing.
Confucius






Choo Choo!!!!



“I didn't get a toy train like the other kids. I got a toy subway instead.
You couldn't see anything, but every now and then
you'd hear this rumbling noise go by.”
Stephen Wright



Ala Moana Shopping Center now boasts it's own Lego store! If you are in Honolulu on August 15th you can join the youthful throng (of all ages!) oooo-ing and ahhh-ing over a major exhibit of Lego-built wonders at center stage.


But listen here, if you are anything like me, do yourself a favor and stay away from the L Store itself!! I don't remember playing with anything like the exciting and detailed products I saw in the place!



Like most Hawaii residents, we live in a rather compact space. I got as far as the cash register with my "Pirate Ship & Hideout" and an amazing green locomotive before I snapped out of it!



The diminutive scenes of city life on display, and the legions of distinct little Lego people populating them, made my head swim with their detail and complexity. You could happily drop some major bucks there; so if you DO go, bring your credit cards, and perhaps a child or two for "cover."
A L O H A! Cloudia

27 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Ah lego!! I still have some boxes with lego in my house! When the children were young we once went to Legoland in Denmark, which was fabulous!

the walking man said...

You have no idea how many thousands of those things we have given away over the years...the kids were addicted to them and made some fascinating engineering marvels.

Dave King said...

I still have all our son's lego. He says I'm keeping it for him. I know I am not!

SandyCarlson said...

These are wonderful. The Lego world is a joy.

Just read Stuart Brown's book on play (entitled Play), and he says what Chilton says. I guess all animals engage in play, sometimes at great personal risk. So he set out to find out why on the assumption there is an evolutionary need. Seems there is. It's the way we grow!

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

There's a surprise for you. Click here to get it :)

Eric S. said...

Leggos, and Linkon Logs, those were the days. Your are right, we didn't have all the really cool stuff. We had to make them ourselves.

The Weaver of Grass said...

i like the idea of taking a couple of childres "for cover" Cloudia - children can be so useful when adults want to do something silly like dancing in the street. Why do we all lose our childish ness as we grow up - such a pity.

Charles Gramlich said...

Gotta love toys.

Teresa said...

Love the post, Cloudia. If you ever get to the mainland via California, stop by and we'll go to Legoland. They have Lego buildings taller than I am. But you can't paddle a boat made of legos too far because it will sink...

Thanks, too, for reminding us to play, no matter how old we are!

Sandee said...

How fun. Just imagination.

Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

claude said...

My boys when they were kids got a lot of lego.

Cloudia said...

Jolly Jolly Playmates! Each of you makes me smile. Denmark, yes, thanks. I'd love to play with you anytime; Wait! We ARE! ;-)

Warm Aloha

DeniseinVA said...

I laughed at your last statement Cloudia, "bring a child for cover". I absolutely LOVE Lego's and when son was little, would buy him them on special days. I remember a medieval castle which was the biggest purchase, expensive going back 20 years, but oh how 'we' enjoyed playing with it. Good for the imagination for young and young-at-heart. Still occasionally find myself in the toy section looking at what's been invented now. Fabulous post!

nonizamboni said...

I always love visiting your place but today was AWEsome. What fun and with no guilt for having purchased everything in the store. The S. Wright quotes were the best!
Happy weekend, dearie.

Deborah Godin said...

Thanks for all this fun with Lego (not to mention my hero, Steven Wright!) - you put a smile on my face!!

Cloudia said...

Aloha, De
Non & Deb
;-)

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

My Little T is a Legofan! Cant wait to show him this!

Jenn Jilks said...

I love how you write. I love how you live! I have to read your book again. I love it.

I bow in honour to you, my fine friend.

Cloudia said...

Thank you Jenn!
Your end-of-life book helped me deal with my dad's passing.

Cloudia said...

Wil,
Walking Man,
Dave King,
Sandy,
Bhavesh,
Eric,
Weaver,
Charles,
Teresa,
Sandee,
Claude,
Noe Noe,
Jenn,
Thanks for coming to play today!

Junosmom said...

looks like my family room

Cloudia said...

LOL!!

Dina said...

The Lego is lovely to see on your blog, but I grew up without it and never quite got into it later. I was the wooden blocks generation.
Look at those prices!
Great pictures.

Barbara Martin said...

Legos came much later after logs for cabins, houses and barns, and linking bricks to build an assortment of buildings complete with windows that would swing in or out and roofs of varying sizes.

The Grandpa said...

Aloha, Cloudia.

Stephen Wright is a very funny man. I was in a comedy club in Boston one night years ago when he just dropped in to "try out some new material."

Dina said...

Thank you, Cloudia. Jerusalem Hills is honored to appear on your blog list.

Bubblewench said...

Love the Legos! How fun. Ya know I want the pirate ship.