Friday, September 25, 2009

All Happening at Honolulu ZOO

A L O H A!



Glad YOU could make it today. . . come, we go-



click on photos - but DO NOT feed the Animals Hello, Rusty!
"Don't think of retiring from the world until the world will be sorry that you retire. I hate a fellow whom pride or cowardice or laziness drives into a corner and who does nothing when he is there but sit and growl. Let him come out as I do, and bark!"
Samuel Johnson




What's Violet looking at?


"Our generosity towards others is key to our positive experience of the world. There's enough room
for everyone to be beautiful."
Marianne Williamson



Three Graces.



"He does it with a better grace,
but I do it more natural.”
William Shakespeare








Hippo Water Volleyball!


"Champions aren't made in the gyms.
Champions are made from something they have
deep inside them
-- a desire, a dream, a vision."
Muhammad Ali




You Handsome Devil!




“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.”
Denis Waitley




One of the more interesting specimens!
"Love is to people what water is to plants."
Marianne Williamson





I AM a ZOO
my friends;
And it's not always pretty
behind the scenes.



Inside there's a gracious cat
purring
as the trade winds riffle
my ruff.



There is an ostrich
vain
and silly.



And also a
warthog
(I hope you won't glimpse it!)



Please notice the soul
and beauty
of my amber eyes
but ignore my
temper
and carrion breath.



I am a Zoo entire
my Love.
Except YOU are the grave & regal
elephant of the heart
therein.



You may be scratched,
and wreathed in roars,
or licked to a fare-thee-well,
but OH my love
you will enjoy
a deep and sturdy
Love.




*Bark * Hoot * Snort * Squeal*
Translation:
"Aloha to Each of YOU" cloudia

32 comments:

claude said...

A day a xwrok fellow told me "you here ! I thought you are in the zoo" I did not like at all !
What animal would I want to be in a zoo ? May be one of the threes graces...

claude said...

work

Anonymous said...

I've seen the Happy Hana Cows on Maui, contented cattle grazing in Paradise. But even the Honolulu Hippos are entertained, entertainment, and grinning with their toy ball. They and Rusty know they're in a special zoo. Thanks for sharing. DrumMajor

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Aloha friend! Nice quotes to go with nice pictures :)

Perspective

SandyCarlson said...

This is such a nice way to start the last day of a long and challenging but very good week. I so love the hippo.

My inner warthog sends her greetings to you. She's in a good mood today.

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! The teeth on that thing look like frickin logs!

Wil Harrison.com

Jean said...

the orang utan has a name! violet yea. haven seen hippo playing ball b4. haven seen their teeth either. agree with wil. their teeth look like cut logs.

From me to you, suejean =)

the walking man said...

I can be in the zoo too with you. You be the beautiful beast and i will be the flora surround.

Jenn Jilks said...

Lovely sentiments, as always. It is getting cool here. And we foolishly plan a trip to see the kids, not south to find the sun!

Daryl said...

Normally I am not a fan of zoos but this looks nice .. and that hippo is a hoot ... I hope he sees a dentist soon

wenn said...

ya..happiness is when u live your life..

Charles Gramlich said...

The orangs are some of my favorite creatures to see at the zoo. Such mops but full of smarts.

Hilary said...

Great post.. particularly your inner critters. I'm of two minds about zoos. I dislike the thought of animals being caged and yet the opportunity for kids to see animals they'd never otherwise encounter is irresistible to me. Yours looks like a fine place. Our Toronto Zoo is incredibly spacious too. The pros usually win out for me. Now I'm thinking I must go soon. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos. I just love giraffes.

Akelamalu said...

Love the animal pictures today Cloudia. :)

Friko said...

Forgive me, friend, but I am not altogether sure that I like zoos. I know, i know, precious animals might become extinct otherwise, but...

still, i enjoyed your pictures and words.

Teresa said...

I loved the hippo ball players and your poem about our inner animals. Did you know that the lastest theory in Literary Criticism is called Animal Studies? I may copy your poem and give it to the professor to start out the class!

Marguerite said...

Looks like a great zoo. Fabulous pics and quotes, too!
Aloha, Gal pal! Have a fun weekend!

Cloudia said...

Thank you folks!
You ARE the foliage surrounding me: here, everyday.

Yes, Zoos are a problematic part of a bigger problem...

I'm thrilled to think of a college professor reading my little poem.
Roar!

;}

robert said...

Spending many hours with my son, reading books about animals and seeing him kissing teddies, talking to them, makes me feel that they are many times 'better humans' than me.
A love-filled weekend to you and thank you for reminding me to be as good as Daddy-Teddy as I can.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Lovely post! And thank you for introducing me to the giraffe friends! Your giraffes on planet Earth have much thinner necks than we do.

(I wonder if I have an 'inner warthog'?!)

Anonymous said...

I may have said this before, but it bears repeating-- you are one of a kind Cloudia. That's good for you I suppose, but bad for the world. More like you would make our world a better place. Aloha.

Fireblossom said...

I always smile every time i come here. I like Violet! What IS she looking at?

magiceye said...

*Bark * Hoot * Snort * Squeal*

loved the verse!

namaste /\
aloha!

Cloudia said...

Thanks beautiful people ;)

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such a thoughtful, fun, entertaining post! Enjoyed it all! Wow hippos have huge mouths don't they?

Reader Wil said...

Great quotes and great photos! Groetjes, Wil

Lana Gramlich said...

A lovely post. Really enjoyed the photos of the giraffes & the hippos!

Feisty Crone said...

Looks like fun! Aloha!

Cloudia said...

Thank you dears!

Bubblewench said...

What great shots! Beautiful zoo!

Junosmom said...

Tomorrow, I will have a story about our local orangutan that lives in our zoo - Amber.

Allen Nyhuis said...

The Honolulu Zoo is one of America's most beautiful zoos. Their African Savannah area is one of the best zoo exhibits in the USA, as it is one of the best replications of Africa. Where else can you shoot a photo of zebras, ostriches, and giraffes -- with Diamond Head in the background?

Allen Nyhuis, Coauthor: America's Best Zoos